Octane Render: Can I build a game rendered in Octane?

Forums: Octane Render: Can I build a game rendered in Octane?
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Octane Render: Can I build a game rendered in Octane?

Postby RonNash » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:17 pm

RonNash Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:17 pm
Hello, I am a complete noob in unity and I need a little help! :)
I made a game in unity with some environments and objects and I would like it to be rendered in octane. I can see it rendered in PBR Render Target, and now I would like to build the project as an .exe file, so I can play it later.
The question is: Is it possible to have an .exe game rendered in octane? If so, do I just build it through File > Build Settings, or is there something else I should do?
If it's impossible to render .exe with octane, and there other renderers that can do it with a similar quality?

Another problem, when I try to build the project I get these 3 errors:

1. ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEditor is referenced by Editor ('Assets/Plugins/Octane/Editor.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] cache, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:154)
UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:194)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

2. Build completed with a result of 'Failed'
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

3. UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 3 errors
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x00242] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:190
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x0007f] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:95

These errors only appear when I try to build when Octane is loaded on the project.
Please use simple words since I am completely new to this. :):confused:
Thank you for your time,
Rachel
RonNash

Return to Resources and Sharing