Saving Live material presets locally and reloading ?

Forums: Saving Live material presets locally and reloading ?
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Saving Live material presets locally and reloading ?

Postby maudeeb » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:31 pm

maudeeb Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:31 pm
Just went through all the cool material presets after installing the latest build. A few questions -

1. Is there any way to save the materials on Live to my HD and reload, use them without going through Live ? I have frequent internet connection dropouts and would prefer to have the stability of these presets stored locally.

2. A bit of confusion about the way the presets are set up - they use a standard octane scene / model for display, is that loaded with the material ? I went through the latest manual .pdf to try and get some answers with no luck. I also tried bringing in the preset to a scene file, then resaving the node locally. I have a whole folder of seved presets but no clue whatsoever about how to use them ? I tried using Import node - they show up in the node list but seems as if there's nothing I can do with them ?
Win XP 64 | Geforce8800GTX | Dual pentiumIII Xeon 2.3 | 4GB
maudeeb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Saving Live material presets locally and reloading ?

Postby abstrax » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:52 am

abstrax Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:52 am
maudeeb wrote:Just went through all the cool material presets after installing the latest build. A few questions -

1. Is there any way to save the materials on Live to my HD and reload, use them without going through Live ? I have frequent internet connection dropouts and would prefer to have the stability of these presets stored locally.

2. A bit of confusion about the way the presets are set up - they use a standard octane scene / model for display, is that loaded with the material ? I went through the latest manual .pdf to try and get some answers with no luck. I also tried bringing in the preset to a scene file, then resaving the node locally. I have a whole folder of seved presets but no clue whatsoever about how to use them ? I tried using Import node - they show up in the node list but seems as if there's nothing I can do with them ?

Those materials are stored as material macros and you can also save them locally. You can look into the materials by double-clicking the macro and connect them with your mesh node like any other material node.

Cheers,
Marcus
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Resources and Sharing