2nd rig

Forums: 2nd rig
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

2nd rig

Postby Megav3 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:28 am

Megav3 Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:28 am
Hello.

I have a silly question here, on my main rig i have 3 rtx 2060 + ryzen 2700x and 32 ram. Im planing to build another rig to host only 3 2060 cards and use it as slave for rendering usuing octanes network render. Im planing to run only the daemon on this one. The question is, ¿does the 2nd rig needs to have a powerfull cpu and ram memory? Or just a basic cpu and 4gb of ram will do it? Im planing to add a simple cpu and 4-8gb pf ram to the second node since im not going to use it for anything but as a slave for the main one. Any sugguestion will be really appreciated.
Megav3

Re: 2nd rig

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:01 am

bepeg4d Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:01 am
Hi,
CPU on the Slave is not so important, but RAM is crucial, try to have the same amount as the Master.
The frame buffer is handled in RAM, so it is necessary, especially with high resolution rendering, and AI Denoiser.
Also the faster ethernet connection possible is very useful, to reduce the loading time at minimum on the Slaves.
ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Resources and Sharing