Free Planet Earth Scene in Cinema 4D + Octane

Forums: Free Planet Earth Scene in Cinema 4D + Octane
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Free Planet Earth Scene in Cinema 4D + Octane

Postby Poly4D » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:34 am

Poly4D Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:34 am
Hi everyone, stopping by to give out a model of the earth I created using Octane in Cinema 4D. I was able to get a pretty solid falloff on the atmosphere to mimic atmospheric scattering turning the edges that approach darkness red and the rest more blue. One thing I haven't gotten around to doing is actually making the atmosphere falloff in thickness from the center of the earth. I imagine I'd use a VDB file for that. Here's an image for reference.

(image was post-processed in photoshop)

Although my plan original plan was to give this out on my website, http://poly4d.com/, with a ton of other free stuff. There's no need for you guys to navigate there to get this scene as I'm attaching it directly to this post. Regardless the site is under heavy construction for the next month or so.

Please feel free to leave feedback on the scene. Hope you enjoy
Attachments
earth.zip
Some textures were compressed to keep this file small
(18.88 MiB) Downloaded 2308 times
Poly4D

Return to Resources and Sharing