Multi GPUs

Forums: Multi GPUs
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Multi GPUs

Postby pierresecondi » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:35 pm

pierresecondi Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:35 pm
Hi everyone,

I have two GPUs : a GTX Titan X (12Go VRAM) and a GTX 980 Ti (6Go VRAM).
I'm actually trying to render a huge scene and Octane is using the GTX 980 Ti to cache the scene, and of course, there is not enough VRAM.
Is there a way to tell Octane to use the other one but still rendering with the two cards ?

Thanks !!
Cinema 4D R20.057
Octane Render for C4D 4.02.1-R3
GTX 1080 Ti x2
pierresecondi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Multi GPUs

Postby kavorka » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:57 pm

kavorka Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:57 pm
Octane has to send all data to both cards in order for the cards to be able to use the data. In Octane, your total VRAM will always be equal to your lowest card.

If you need more room, you can turn on out of core memory in the preferences to use your normal computer RAM as a backup.

in larger scenes, you can always disable you smaller card and just use the big one.
Intel quad core i5 @ 4.0 ghz | 8 gigs of Ram | Geforce GTX 470 - 1.25 gigs of Ram
kavorka
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Resources and Sharing