Rendering co-op group (v2)

Forums: Rendering co-op group (v2)
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Rendering co-op group (v2)

Postby heartlessphil » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:25 am

heartlessphil Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:25 am
I got an idea tonight, and while searching the forums I've seen it's been suggested in 2010. The thread got locked up tho. Create a co-op group here where octane users could help other people with their renderings. It does not have to be free, it could be a paid contract between two individuals.

The idea would be to build a spreadsheet, a database , or whatever with the people names and hardware they're have and their contact infos. The contracts would be kept private between the users. It's just a convenient way to get help with big renderings (high-res, animations, etc). I know some people have very good compute power here.

Another thing is that GPU cloud rendering is not coming fast enough for my taste. I want to use Octane professionally right now but I can't invest 15k$ in hardware right off the bat. I have a single GTX 670, sure I can do good renders but I'm sure I won't always be able to rely 100% on my single GPU. I'd like to be able to say, ok this job is going to be big but there are a few people that can help me on the Octane forums!!!

What do you guys think?
heartlessphil

Return to Resources and Sharing