Foggy Glass

Forums: Foggy Glass
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Foggy Glass

Postby jb_in_tw » Thu May 15, 2014 8:03 pm

jb_in_tw Thu May 15, 2014 8:03 pm
Hi

First, I am a licensed user, how can I access that part of the forum?

Second, the question...

I am trying to replicate an old Blender tutorial about foggy windows. I have created the scene and I followed advice in these forums, but it is not turning out right. I make the glass, then I get the mask (a grunge map) and mix together. It DOES work, it just does not work the way I want it. The result is very subtle. Very subtle. I am using the Blender plugin for this. (I would ask this over there, but I do not have access)

The glass material is simply a specular material and the mask is an image texture plugged into a diffuse material node all going to a mix texture and then to the output. I have played with the mix node setting, again, nothing. In the old tutorial, there is discussion of RGB, subtract, alpha, etc. (The old Blender internal renderer)

I would give an image, but it appears I cannot attach anything.

I will do what I can to explain better!

Thank you

James
jb_in_tw

Re: Foggy Glass

Postby FooZe » Thu May 15, 2014 10:23 pm

FooZe Thu May 15, 2014 10:23 pm
Hi James,

What is your customer area login?
Usually when you register with us during purchase it will create a forum account with the same username and password as your customer account. This account has all the correct rights to see and post in the licensed customer area.

Let me know if you can't log in with the above. If you don't want to discuss it on the forums email [email protected] with some additional information about your account like username, license key ID (no need to send the password part of the key). We will try to hunt it down.

Thanks
Chris.
FooZe
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Resources and Sharing