Ordered Wednesday night - no activation email today :-(

Forums: Ordered Wednesday night - no activation email today :-(
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Re: Ordered Wednesday night - no activation email today :-(

Postby irene » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:37 am

irene Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:37 am
thank you very much, pixelrush! :D
your jumping in helped by itself... it is a lot better than just being here on my own, not knowing and waiting...
cheers and happy creations! :D
irene
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Quandtum » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:25 pm

Quandtum Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:25 pm
I felt it worth my time to reply as I have had the same problem (bought last Wednesday and have been waiting for my machine ID email, etc.). Pixelrush, your response did help (as I know you've been frustrated by all this as well). The issue here is the versions, 22b vs. 2.3v5. I as the others downloaded the 22b from the forum for recommended. It does not use the Octane Live info. The 2.3v5 does. You all need to go get the development branch to use your new license information. Once I did, my license finally goes, I'm only upset now I've been waiting for over 2 days for a email back from license@ to realize this.

Download this one -> http://www.refractivesoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3760

On that note, the FAQ by Radiance has a number confusing points in it. (Constructive criticism, take it or leave it). After reading it several times, it's unclear if an email needs to be sent to license@ or not. It's also unclear what version new users should download to make use of Octane Live (it runs through stuff for each version which for a new user doesn't mean anything ... yet). I would also suggest that any email going to license@ auto reply so people have some idea that their mail was received. These are easy things that don't require much, if any tech.

Anyways, hopefully my response can help others, and hopefully Refractive Software turn things around soon.
Quandtum
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby pixelrush » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:22 am

pixelrush Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:22 am
I am a little disappointed in the Refractive guys at the moment myself.
Not only is it frustrating for their new customers to have these things going on but its not a good look even if they have the good explanation they are in the midst of moving.
Having people wait a week after purchase and having to send repeat emails because the instructions are not clear or things havent been updated on the admin side is not good enough esp in todays internet commerce world. I know this matter is only a recent occurrence that will be put right but it really shouldnt happen.
I know too the small team are mostly coder types focused on technical things so we dont expect them to be good counter people.
As a person who frequently answers forum questions I am aware some of the info provided leads people along the wrong path but I cant do much about it other than offer the solutions after the same errors are made.
Likewise the info provided about suitable hardware, drivers, etc is a little scant.
In the past unbiased renderers have been the domain of geek render enthusiasts who can help themselves but this assumes too much of the customers who are coming to Octane now that GPU makes unbiased attractive to the mainstream.
Refractive need to provide more and direct ABC info that orientates and informs newbies and they need to deal with stuff more promptly.
Really I guess they need to hire a (part time atm) sales or customer service person to organise/do this side of the business for them while they get on with coding. It would also help if that person can deal in an orderly way with bug reports and suggestions for improvements submitted on the forums so that they get actioned but also so people feel/know the company is responsive to feedback.
I guess its part of the growing pains of a small business and we can be a *little* forgiving ;) :)
i7-3820 @4.3Ghz | 24gb | Win7pro-64
GTS 250 display + 2 x GTX 780 cuda| driver 331.65
Octane v1.55
pixelrush
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:09 am

radiance Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:09 am
Hi guys,

Sorry but we have just finished the move and we do activate them.

All bought copies have been enabled and mails sent.
There are a lot of purchases currently, and the new auto-reply system that mails the user with information just started might make some of these mails tagged and stored as spam.

All remaining customers who bought a license and did not receive the instruction mail, just read the same information here and please check your spam folder: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4055

Any issues, please send us an e-mail.

Yours,
Radiacnce
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby radiance » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:16 am

radiance Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:16 am
Quandtum wrote:I felt it worth my time to reply as I have had the same problem (bought last Wednesday and have been waiting for my machine ID email, etc.). Pixelrush, your response did help (as I know you've been frustrated by all this as well). The issue here is the versions, 22b vs. 2.3v5. I as the others downloaded the 22b from the forum for recommended. It does not use the Octane Live info. The 2.3v5 does. You all need to go get the development branch to use your new license information. Once I did, my license finally goes, I'm only upset now I've been waiting for over 2 days for a email back from license@ to realize this.

Download this one -> http://www.refractivesoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3760

On that note, the FAQ by Radiance has a number confusing points in it. (Constructive criticism, take it or leave it). After reading it several times, it's unclear if an email needs to be sent to license@ or not. It's also unclear what version new users should download to make use of Octane Live (it runs through stuff for each version which for a new user doesn't mean anything ... yet). I would also suggest that any email going to license@ auto reply so people have some idea that their mail was received. These are easy things that don't require much, if any tech.

Anyways, hopefully my response can help others, and hopefully Refractive Software turn things around soon.

Hi Quandtum,

Sorry about your experience, but we do send out a confirmation mail to everything that comes into the sales@ and license@ mailboxes.
So if you mail us on those and don't get a reply, i think there's a spam filter turned on somewhere in your mail system that's tagging the mails as spam.

Unfortunately we can't move offices and work at the same time.. ;)

You all need to go get the development branch to use your new license information. -> afaik there are all beta's so there is no real difference anymore, the first 2.3's such as v1 and v2 etc had many changes so we made pre-releases for testing.

Nowadays i recommend new users to use 2.3 v5+ against the 2.2
We have just to finish the last bits and then we can release and make a new public version and demo, eg v1.0 final, after additional testing.

Radiance

Radiance
radiance

Postby radiance » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:24 am

radiance Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:24 am
I moved this into the public resources forum as it's nothing to do with a demo questionm, and made it sticky so people will notice it if they have also not received the instruction mail.

Radiance
radiance

Postby irene » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:37 am

irene Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:37 am
Still no reply mail for the Activation Code for version 2.2, I just sent a second request mail to license@.
Still the same text in my LiveAccounts:

No octane live account found. If this is incorrect, please contact us via email at [email protected]

Please use the username and password from an OctaneLive license to activate it on a computer. Once the license is activated, it cannot be used on another machine until it is deactivated. You can deactivate a license in the OctaneLive account preference panel of the software, or in this customer area. You may use only one license at a time on one machine, and you must wait one hour between deactivating and reactivating a license between machines.

Still this message when I try to activate version beta 2.3 v. 5 with my username + password:
Invalid OctaneLive account or wrong account / password combination.

This is really costing me a lot of time! Can somebody from the Octane Render Team help me please!

--- meanwhile I got an automated reply on my second mail. Office hours will start later... So I'll wait for some more...
but I still post this, as I am getting upset. :(
irene
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby irene » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:44 am

irene Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:44 am
Just clicked the link indicated in the automated reply mail: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4055
It takes me to a forum page with this message
You are not authorised to read this forum.

I am logged in alright...

olala! :?
irene
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby irene » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:43 pm

irene Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:43 pm
Still the same as above. Still waiting...
That gave me a chance to study the manual that comes with 2.3. v. 5. Very good work! So at least i have something positive to say. :D
But please, help me to work at least with version 2.2 by sending me the activation code matching my machine ID I mailed you twice!
irene
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:21 am

radiance Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:21 am
sorry but please read this post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4086

Yours,
Radiance
radiance

Previous