faces problem for importing obj file

Forums: faces problem for importing obj file
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

faces problem for importing obj file

Postby twinsk8 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:32 am

twinsk8 Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:32 am
Hi everyone! I have a problem on imported object on Octane Standalone:(I exported 3dsmax as obj file.Then import in Octane standalone,But whole faces are stiped and there is no textures in the scene...How can i fix this problem???

Thanx for helping
Attachments
scene.JPG
Problem scene
twinsk8
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: faces problem for importing obj file

Postby roeland » Thu May 01, 2014 2:39 am

roeland Thu May 01, 2014 2:39 am
Looks like the import scale unit doesn't match the export scale. Probably the 3D application exports the OBJ file in cm, but Octane is interpreting it as meters. You should open the settings for the mesh node and change the import unit to match the exporter.

Also check the kernel settings, it looks like the output of the info channel kernel, which renders false color images of various properties of the geometry.

--
Roeland
roeland
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Resources and Sharing