Linear workflow in Octane

Forums: Linear workflow in Octane
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Re: Linear workflow in Octane

Postby ruchertora » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:14 pm

ruchertora Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:14 pm
Extremely dubious subject. I utilize 3dsmax 2014 and it has a gamme estimator implicit while stacking bitmaps.

Since a couple of months I use Gamma 2.2 in Tonemapper and set camera to direct. I change with ISO, etc to simply make it look great. This gives me better crude rendered pictures with less immersed hotspots.

In Photoshop I apply the look I need. Don't have the foggiest idea whether its the best approach to work however for me the pictures look progressively normal.

I think in 3dsmax itself I likewise set the gamma to 2.2 on the off chance that I recollect right.
ruchertora

Postby tottoo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:04 pm

tottoo Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:04 pm
I am having some hard time with the linear workflow too. when I select her linear from the live viewer int goes crazy with the blue dots and colors are getting weirdly blown. but the final render is with no problem!
the issue is here, how can I set up the scene without seeing the right output it in the live viewer
tottoo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby tottoo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:04 pm

tottoo Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:04 pm
I am having some hard time with the linear workflow too. when I select HDR linear from the live viewer int goes crazy with the blue dots and colors are getting weirdly blown. but the final render is with no problem!
the issue is here, how can I set up the scene without seeing the right output it in the live viewer
tottoo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:32 am

bepeg4d Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:32 am
tottoo wrote:I am having some hard time with the linear workflow too. when I select HDR linear from the live viewer int goes crazy with the blue dots and colors are getting weirdly blown. but the final render is with no problem!

Hi,
please post the question in the following discussion, possibly also withan example scene that shows the issue, thanks:
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=75718

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby itsallgoode9 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:46 pm

itsallgoode9 Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:46 pm
Can you please include a plugin specific tutorial for Linear Workflow in each plugin's documentation?

For example, I work in Maya and in trying to figure it out, we are dealing not only with Octane's workflow in regards to linear workflow, but also with Maya's, making it very confusing as nothing out there addresses both in combo--it's either Octane Standalone or Maya.

The confusion regarding a linear workflow has been brought up SO many times by many of the users over the year that I wish you would believe us that this is an extremely confusing topic for end users and there needs to be an "end all" tutorial of how to correctly implement this when using plugins.
Intel i7-3930K, 64gb RAM, Asus X79 Deluxe mobo, 2x EVGA 780 6gb (for rendering), 1x PNY quaddro k4000 (for display)
Windows 8.1 x64, Maya 2014, Octane Render v2
itsallgoode9
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Resources and Sharing