C4D-> octane export plugin

Forums: C4D-> octane export plugin
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Re: C4D-> octane export plugin

Postby gogomac » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:11 am

gogomac Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:11 am
Thank you very much "abreukers" for your message , I will try :)
gogomac

Postby deppest » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:20 pm

deppest Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:20 pm
Hi! I am pretty new to this forum but am quite amazed about the performance of the Octane renderer on my MacPro with a GTX570. I am not convinced, though, of the workflow using the C4D exporter (which admittedly i have not/could not try out since it's not possible with the demo version only). Is there any update on the availability of a proper plug-in for C4D R13? By proper I mean not an exporter but something similar to what you have for e.g. Maya which would enable rendering within C4D? many thanks.
deppest

Postby abstrax » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:22 pm

abstrax Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:22 pm
deppest wrote:Hi! I am pretty new to this forum but am quite amazed about the performance of the Octane renderer on my MacPro with a GTX570. I am not convinced, though, of the workflow using the C4D exporter (which admittedly i have not/could not try out since it's not possible with the demo version only). Is there any update on the availability of a proper plug-in for C4D R13? By proper I mean not an exporter but something similar to what you have for e.g. Maya which would enable rendering within C4D? many thanks.

As soon as I get some time I will start working on an integration plugin. From then on it will still take some time until something useful will be available. As a side project I'm currently upgrading the export plugin to incorporate some new features that got possible over the last releases. Unfortunately I can't be any more specific.

Cheers,
Marcus
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby N2Frame » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:30 am

N2Frame Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:30 am
Have anyone had experience where C4D R14 crashes on a .50 plugin. C4D doesnt even open when I install or place the files in plugins folder.

When I take the folder out, C4D works fine. Any hints? I open app as admin, doesnt work.

Specs:

Windows 8
Cuda drivers up to date for GTX 640 card
N2Frame
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Resources and Sharing