NOTE to all people who want to develop exporters for Octane

Forums: NOTE to all people who want to develop exporters for Octane
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Re: NOTE to all people who want to develop exporters for Octane

Postby Quaresma » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:51 am

Quaresma Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:51 am
I would like to develop one for REVIT but I don't know how, if it isn't to difficult and if some one can explain it to me I would be glad to give it a shot! Otherwise if any one else can do it it would be cool to.
Quaresma
Quaresma

Postby radiance » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:05 pm

radiance Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:05 pm
Quaresma wrote:I would like to develop one for REVIT but I don't know how, if it isn't to difficult and if some one can explain it to me I would be glad to give it a shot! Otherwise if any one else can do it it would be cool to.

you'd have to be able to use revit and be a c# programmer i think...

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby Quaresma » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:29 pm

Quaresma Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:29 pm
I have been a REVIT user for 4 or 5 years now but unfortunately I haven't used C++ in over 10, shame I would like to help especially because when ad if the plug-in comes out I will buy the software the very next day, also thanks for the tutorial on how to make excellent image for the comps the preview kernel tweak was a brilliant help.
Quaresma
Quaresma

Postby TIG » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:15 pm

TIG Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:15 pm
Revit API also compiles in VB so you have an alternative...
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:31 pm

radiance Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:31 pm
Just leave this to us guys, we're in the process of investigating a propper plugin to be developed by a professional developer.
A few weeks of patience and you'll hear more about it.

Radiance
radiance

Postby sjonsjine » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:21 am

sjonsjine Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:21 am
Please I could use a Lightwave plugin.

Sjonsjine
sjonsjine
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby khaled » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:23 pm

khaled Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:23 pm
hi i can`t get this plugin can any body help me to find this plugin
khaled
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:50 pm

radiance Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:50 pm
khaled wrote:hi i can`t get this plugin can any body help me to find this plugin

plugins are currently only available to licensed customers until they are all aligned and fully documented.

Radiance
radiance

Postby JimStar » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:13 pm

JimStar Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:13 pm
At first - sorry my English.
I have no ability to send PMs, so will ask it here (I don't want to use my wife's account).

I've bought Octane license to my wife (licensed customer Saramary here) - she is 3D-visualiser, not me.:) And me is programmer.))
So, she has tried to work with generic 3ds Max plugin for Octane (that is available here in customer area), and asked me to write a more convenient for the massive routine work plugin. She said me that it requires more adjustability, full state saving (and using saved state by "One-Press Render" too), and more automated logic for monotonous works... I have written this plugin and she is happy now, she says it is better than generic 3ds Max plugin...
And now I think that if she likes it, other Max and Octane users maybe will find it usable too... So, my questions are:
1. Can I share here this plugin to another Octane customers?
2. if (1==true): Where can I do it - my account here is not "licensed user" and it has no access to customer area. Octane license is registered to my wife Saramary. I can of course post here from her account, but I don't think it will be good idea to share this plugin from her account - all support questions and bugreports will be directed to her, but she is not programmer, she uses her account for 3D-stuff conversations...

PS. I tried as much as possible follow the generic view of your Max plugin, but some added conveniences and some improvements to generic logic led to some non-generic view and behavior...

Image Image Image
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Jaberwocky » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:19 am

Jaberwocky Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:19 am
jimstar

The Plugin looks good.I would have to let Radiance answer this one.

This plugin would normally go in the Plugins Forum under the max heading, starting a new thread headed unofficial Max plug in. Which as you say would have to be posted under your wife's alias, but probably signed by you.

State what version/s it works with and how it differs from the official one and upload it there.

But that is just my personal opinion.It may be best to wait for an official comment from Abstrax or Radiance on this.

Please bear in mind that in the not to distant future they are looking at changing the export file format for something more comprehensive.Not sure what it is or what the time scale might be , but it will break this and other plug ins at that point in time.Again best to let Radiance or Abstrax answer what they are planning on that side of things.
CPU:-AMD 1055T 6 core, Motherboard:-Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 AM3+, Gigabyte GTX 460-1GB, RAM:-8GB Kingston hyper X Genesis DDR3 1600Mhz D/Ch, Hard Disk:-500GB samsung F3 , OS:-Win7 64bit
Jaberwocky
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Resources and Sharing