OSL raytype contribution

Forums: OSL raytype contribution
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Re: OSL raytype contribution

Postby bigskyedit » Fri May 08, 2020 4:51 pm

bigskyedit Fri May 08, 2020 4:51 pm
This is amazing. Thank you.
Is there a way to have a material to show reflections from an environment, but have another object not have the reflections from environment, but still have other reflections? Basically I want to control what objects are getting reflections from the environment.
bigskyedit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby J3DM » Thu May 28, 2020 6:55 pm

J3DM Thu May 28, 2020 6:55 pm
Hi. Yes this is great fitch. If we say I have metal this function hides it from specular but also from itself ( reflection&refraction) . If I want to specify from what object with the second material I want to hide rays. Can anyone help me in this matter. Thanks!
J3DM

Postby iamfoss » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:50 pm

iamfoss Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:50 pm
Thanks for sharing this tool! Hoping i could get some direction here. I have spent hours trying to figure out how to apply this to my scene. There is a skull that is receiving color from a greyscale light kit pro object that is colored - not a light its an s-curve. its meant to just be background but is affecting how everything looks do to the color cast.

1) I created an octane diffuse material and colored it teal, applied it to the S object.
2) opened the node editor, and added the new octane material as well as the OSL Texture node
3) copied the code below, and pasted it into the code section of the OSL texture
4) stuck - i cant seem to figure out how to link it to the color objects material to stop the casting.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys

Photos attached

iamfoss
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ceen » Fri May 13, 2022 7:59 am

ceen Fri May 13, 2022 7:59 am
Yes this is not working in C4D Plugin right?
ceen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Mon May 16, 2022 7:37 am

bepeg4d Mon May 16, 2022 7:37 am
Hi,
you don't need to start with a generic OSL texture node anymore, now RayType is included in Octane/c4doctane, and it is called RaySwitch:
https://docs.otoy.com/cinema4d/RaySwitch.html

The above issue should be solved with Light Linking, not RaySwitch, in my opinion :roll:
https://docs.otoy.com/cinema4d/Workingw ... nking.html

ciao,
Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Previous

Return to Resources and Sharing