The Apocalypse Competition (Image & Animation) [CLOSED]

Forums: The Apocalypse Competition (Image & Animation) [CLOSED]
A forum which hosts Octane Render Artwork Competitions
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: The Apocalypse Competition (Image & Animation) !!! OPEN !!!

Postby kubo » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:52 am

kubo Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:52 am
like we needed more reasons to compete, heck I'll do it for a box of peanuts, (which means several bags, I'm not that cheap... yet). Well, and a jacket.... ;), Althou with that prizes I could do myself a nice jacket full of CD's and GPUs parts.... hahahaha. Plus the theme rocks!
windows 7 x64 | 2xGTX570 (warming up the planet 1ºC at a time) | i7 920 | 12GB
kubo

Postby portgas » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:06 am

portgas Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:06 am
portgas wrote:Can i use photoshop for textures and to add background images?
this
portgas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rosinho12 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:42 pm

rosinho12 Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:42 pm
hey refractive guys, could you help me with something?
well, the materials sendo to livedb will be posted how?
i didn't understand it very well :X
thanks guys
rosinho12
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:38 am

radiance Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:38 am
rosinho12 wrote:hey refractive guys, could you help me with something?
well, the materials sendo to livedb will be posted how?
i didn't understand it very well :X
thanks guys

upload the to the livedb, and also render previews of them by clicking on the material node, then post those images here in say 400x400 or higher resolution...
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby tehfailsafe » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:53 am

tehfailsafe Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:53 am
Silly thing I'm not sure about, you just want us to post the final images into *this* topic itself?
Doesn't that get extremely messy with people asking questions in between peoples' final posts?

Or am I misunderstanding that?
windows 7 64 bit| GTX580 1.5Gb x2 | Intel 2600k @ 4.9 | 16gb ddr3 | 3ds max 2012
tehfailsafe
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:59 am

radiance Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:59 am
tehfailsafe wrote:Silly thing I'm not sure about, you just want us to post the final images into *this* topic itself?
Doesn't that get extremely messy with people asking questions in between peoples' final posts?

Or am I misunderstanding that?

It went fine last time... so i don't see a need to change it...
Any ideas welcome though,

Radiance
radiance

Postby tehfailsafe » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:05 am

tehfailsafe Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:05 am
Yeah, I was super busy over new year and didn't have time to compete. I just went through that thread fully and I get what you mean now. It seems like more work on the judges part, to have to go through the 45 pages and pull the final images to judge em.

Not a suggestion, but a parallel; eat3d's comps have you create a new topic for the competiton using a format like "Apocalypse Competition : tehfailsafe" and then the first post in the thread is supposed to be reserved for your final entry. That way it also becomes a WIP thread and you just edit the first post when you're done, but you guys also have the WIP forum too so that works as well.

I guess in the end it's just preference, either the thread gets filled to 50 pages or you get 50 new topics in this forum. The benefit of the thread is that you can lock the thread at the deadline, making sure no one submits late. Advantage of the each individual thread is that it's much easier to view all the entries in one glance, for the judges and the participants I suppose.
windows 7 64 bit| GTX580 1.5Gb x2 | Intel 2600k @ 4.9 | 16gb ddr3 | 3ds max 2012
tehfailsafe
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:23 am

radiance Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:23 am
tehfailsafe wrote:Yeah, I was super busy over new year and didn't have time to compete. I just went through that thread fully and I get what you mean now. It seems like more work on the judges part, to have to go through the 45 pages and pull the final images to judge em.

Not a suggestion, but a parallel; eat3d's comps have you create a new topic for the competiton using a format like "Apocalypse Competition : tehfailsafe" and then the first post in the thread is supposed to be reserved for your final entry. That way it also becomes a WIP thread and you just edit the first post when you're done, but you guys also have the WIP forum too so that works as well.

I guess in the end it's just preference, either the thread gets filled to 50 pages or you get 50 new topics in this forum. The benefit of the thread is that you can lock the thread at the deadline, making sure no one submits late. Advantage of the each individual thread is that it's much easier to view all the entries in one glance, for the judges and the participants I suppose.

Thanks,

I think it makes sense maybe for the next competition, i've already advertised this one, so i don't think changing things now is best...
We did it like this last time and it was fine...
Good idea for the next one though,

Radiance
radiance

Postby 9fly » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:05 am

9fly Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:05 am
tehfailsafe wrote:Yeah, I was super busy over new year and didn't have time to compete. I just went through that thread fully and I get what you mean now. It seems like more work on the judges part, to have to go through the 45 pages and pull the final images to judge em.

I second that. So all WIPs will be in WIP gallery and final one in one same thread placed around ... here (or in Gallery with title: Apocalypse Competition final).
9fly
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Elvissuperstar007 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:22 pm

Elvissuperstar007 Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:22 pm
then wait colada! and new export ... otherwise how are we going to do the animation?
win 7 /64x C2Quad 6600 2.4/ Nvidia 9800 GX2 1gb 512 bit + Asus 480 GTX/ DDR2 8Gb / NVIDIA 460 GTX 2GB/2x NVIDIA 580 GTX 3GB
Page octane render " В Контакте " http://vkontakte.ru/club17913093
Elvissuperstar007
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Competitions