Nvidia Fermi Octane Competition (CLOSED)

Forums: Nvidia Fermi Octane Competition (CLOSED)
A forum which hosts Octane Render Artwork Competitions
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Nvidia Fermi Octane Competition

Postby scarecrow2k6 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:45 pm

scarecrow2k6 Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:45 pm
First of all thanks to radiance for replying to my message about UV channels couple days ago. The model I made is of a cell from Alcatraz prison. I am a huge fan of the movie Godfather and if you know about the movie The Godfather you will know about the famous Mafia Al Capone. He was taken to this prison and died there as well.

Time taken: 58 mins
Maxsamples: 20000

ImageShack.us

Thanks to my best friend for lending me his kickass graphics card. The biggest problem I had making this was camera placement and image stretching in photoshop (also used it for color correction) since I don't know much about Octane's camera control. Oh and also the lighting, I had to turn the whole scene sideways so that the environment light enters sideways and makes it look like its an indoor lighting. There is no bump or any other fancy kind of maps in the scene, the bricks were made in PS. I gotta practice more with Octane, heck I haven't even touched all the nodes and what not.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
scarecrow2k6

Re: Nvidia Fermi Octane Competition

Postby radiance » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:00 pm

radiance Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:00 pm
We've arrived at the end of the competition, so i'm closing this thread :)

Thanks to everyone for the submissions, this competition turned out wonderfull, many great images were submitted, and many more than our previous competition. ;)
We will start our jury deliberations soon and we will post the winners later tonight.

Many Thanks,
Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Previous

Return to Competitions