Silicon Science through Dragonflies Competition Entries

Forums: Silicon Science through Dragonflies Competition Entries
A forum which hosts Octane Render Artwork Competitions
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Silicon Science through Dragonflies Competition Entries

Postby p3taoctane » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:01 am

p3taoctane Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:01 am
I have been working on and off on these images for the competition and in some cases for various inspirations and odd jobs that I decided to enter into the competition.
Some used prior Octane Versions prior to 2.4 but I opened them in 2.4 for proof of rendering in Octane render and let them bake for less time than most of the submitted images.

First two entries were experimentations with glass and emitters. Just liked the way they turned out. As before 480s approx 3 hours ea.

Trying different skin texture methods and I used an emitter with a texture. Liked the way it looked. Rendered 2 hours on 2 480s

Graphic for a Magazine where one of the topics is optical fiber being used for internet. Almost all the elements have some emitter on them. Rendered overnight on 2 480s

Diabetes Illustration for a Magazine. Table and cake from an model archive. Rendered overnight on 2 480s. Photosop file lightened the image and added some sine waves.

Science Magazine submission. Showing "genetic" production of silicate. This is the same product used by a simple sea sponge and also ends up in our computer chips. The sea sponge grows this material at ocean temp without imperfection into very elaborate skeletons. If we can figure out how to do the same we can produce waste free complex computer chips at a fractio of current costs. Rendered 6 hours on two 480s
Attachments
DragonFlyonGlass.jpg
DragonFly_OC_Screen.jpg
Glass_Vase.jpg
Vase_OC_Screen.jpg
Lit_Up_Lucy.jpg
Lit_Up_Lucy_OC_Screen.jpg
Lit_Up_Lucy_OCC_OC_Screen.jpg
Convergence_Earth.jpg
Convergence_OC_Screen.jpg
ConvergenceEarthMaya.jpg
Diabetes_PS.jpg
Diabetes_Raw.jpg
Diabetes_OC_Screen.jpg
Silicate_Science.jpg
SilicateProduction.jpg
Silicate_OC_Screen.jpg
Silicate_Maya.jpg
Windows 7 Pro_SP 1_64 bit_48 GB Ram_Intel Xeon X5660 2.80 GHZ x2_6 580GTX_1 Quadra 4800
p3taoctane
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Competitions