Metaverse competition questions

Forums: Metaverse competition questions
A forum which hosts Octane Render Artwork Competitions
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Metaverse competition questions

Postby Goldorak » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:28 am

Goldorak Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:28 am
cleoag wrote:How basic workflow looks for Blender plugin?

I cant find here how to render to gearVR cubemap.

Start with basic er pano, it is much easier to set up your scene this way - I personally use red/blue stereo to check depth in 360. When you have the camera where you want it, then switch to the high res stereo cube map for final render for the Gear VR. Our Gear VR app as well as the Oculus 360 photos app can load stereo side by side or mono spherical/cube panos in any res for you to test in VR. Just drop the PNG into the ORBX folder and it will show up in the browser.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby cleoag » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:24 pm

cleoag Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:24 pm
Goldorak wrote:

Start with basic er pano, it is much easier to set up your scene this way - I personally use red/blue stereo to check depth in 360. When you have the camera where you want it, then switch to the high res stereo cube map for final render for the Gear VR. Our Gear VR app as well as the Oculus 360 photos app can load stereo side by side or mono spherical/cube panos in any res for you to test in VR. Just drop the PNG into the ORBX folder and it will show up in the browser.

Thanx, i have no problems with eq panos in Blender and OctaveVR plugin. They render very well for me. But i still cant find how to render to cubemap. Looks like it very easy, but cant find where to enable this setting.
cleoag

Postby Goldorak » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:10 am

Goldorak Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:10 am
cleoag wrote:
Goldorak wrote:

Thanx, i have no problems with eq panos in Blender and OctaveVR plugin. They render very well for me. But i still cant find how to render to cubemap. Looks like it very easy, but cant find where to enable this setting.

We'll push out an update tomorrow for Blender with the latest cube map features, including support for animation overlays on a single cube face.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby DartFrog » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:04 pm

DartFrog Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:04 pm
I'm using 3D studio and I'm a little unclear on workflow for this contest. Let's say I have a scene in 3D studio, is there a way to get it into standalone in order to render it the way I need to? I've been using octane for about a year, but I pretty much never get into the standalone software.

I have a DK2 I'd like to test things on, when I get there. Might be able to get a GearVR device at some point.
DartFrog
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ristoraven » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:50 pm

ristoraven Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:50 pm
cleoag wrote:

It should be in the panoramic camera pull down menu, where by default is "spherical" selected.
ristoraven
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby cleoag » Mon May 04, 2015 12:15 pm

cleoag Mon May 04, 2015 12:15 pm
Goldorak wrote:
We'll push out an update tomorrow for Blender with the latest cube map features, including support for animation overlays on a single cube face.

Thanx a lot. i can render cubemaps now. but what about stereo? looks like it only render mono for the moment. i thied every settings under 'stereo mode' and 'stereo output', but no visible changes.
cleoag

Postby FelipeCortes » Mon May 04, 2015 4:44 pm

FelipeCortes Mon May 04, 2015 4:44 pm
Aclaration :
18432 x 1536 is a 37 megapixels image
12288 x 3072 is a 28 megapixels image <--octane defalut Gear VR stereo cubemap

how we can have feedback from our scenes? , at least check the cubemap works ok , I do not have the Gear VR or Oculus
I do not know programs to display spheremaps or cubemaps
FelipeCortes
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby z_farm » Tue May 05, 2015 1:59 am

z_farm Tue May 05, 2015 1:59 am
Hot spots and audio.. I saw someone else ask about this. I can't find anything on setting up hot spots. Can you direct me to a tutorial or docs? Also Is it possible to have an audio file loop? that would be nice to add some atmosphere.
This stuff looks amazing by the way. is there an example of the video overlay in stereo for the gear VR? Ok that was 20 questions.

1. How do I set up a hotspot
2. Can we put an audio track in?
3. Is there and example of the video overlay for the Gear VR.

Thanks.
z_farm

Postby ristoraven » Wed May 13, 2015 8:03 am

ristoraven Wed May 13, 2015 8:03 am
viewtopic.php?f=97&t=46668

- In my entry, the boxes are visible.. is that because I tuned the image littlebit in Photoshop? If so, I may need to submit this again :oops:
ristoraven
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby adriendupagne » Sun May 17, 2015 6:18 pm

adriendupagne Sun May 17, 2015 6:18 pm
Can someone please upload a scene file for c4d r16 that is setup and ready for VR. I think it would teach everyone a great deal of what needs to be done. I dont have a clue what some of you are talking about.
adriendupagne
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Competitions