The Apocalypse of the Ants

Forums: The Apocalypse of the Ants
A forum which hosts Octane Render Artwork Competitions
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

The Apocalypse of the Ants

Postby siriolsd666 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:38 am

siriolsd666 Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:38 am
Ok, here we are at the end. :o
My idea of apocalypse regards the small world of ants, as a small "meteor lapillus" can destroy an entire population of ants. :twisted:
I wanted to recreate the scene in time before the destruction, you see the ant mother with a book in hand preaching the end of the world, while other ants carry away the larvae from the ant hill, others listen to the "messiah".
All models were created and mapped by me through Sculptris, assembled in 3DSMax.
The scene has 1,539,616 polygons, each render was finalized in about 2 / 3 hours, 2800x4400 pixels original resolution, 1400x2200 pixels reduced.
I added a slight motion blur by PS in the first image, to create the sensation of movement.
The second image has created a bug that unfortunately was not able to correct (viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12807), so I decided to change the scale zooming of OBJ original while losing the translucency in the body of the ant. :cry:
The third image is an overview that shows ants who heard the "Messiah."
I hope you like it :)

Ok, eccoci alla fine. :o
La mia idea di apocalisse riguarda il piccolo mondo delle formiche, come un piccolo "meteorite lapillo" possa distruggere un intero popolo di formiche. :twisted:
Ho voluto ricreare la scena nel momento prima della distruzione, si vede la formica madre che con un libro in mano predica la fine del mondo, mentre altre formiche portano via le larve dal formicaio ed altre ascoltano il "messia".
Tutti i modelli sono stati creati e mappati da me tramite Sculptris, assemblati e ritoccati in 3DSMax.
La scena conta 1.539.616 poligoni, ogni render è stato finalizzato in circa 2/3 ore, risoluzione originale 2800x4400 pixel ridotti a 1400x2200 pixel.
Ho aggiunto un leggero effetto motion blur tramite PS nella prima immagine, per creare la sensazione di movimento.
La seconda immagine ha creato un errore che purtroppo non sono riuscito a correggere (viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12807) , ho deciso così di cambiare la scala dell'OBJ originale ingrandendola, perdendo però la traslucenza nel corpo della formica. :cry:
La terza immagine è una panoramica che mostra le formiche che ascoltano il "messiah".
Spero vi piaccia. :)
Attachments
screen20.jpg
Screenshot
screen19.jpg
Screenshot
screen18.jpg
Screenshot
Formica1.png
Formica2.png
Formica3.png
AthlonII X2 6400+ 2.81GHz, 4Gb RAM, Gainward GF 460 GTX 2048Mb, Win7 64bit