IMPORTANT: Please help promote our competition [CURRENT]

Forums: IMPORTANT: Please help promote our competition [CURRENT]
A forum which hosts Octane Render Artwork Competitions
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

IMPORTANT: Please help promote our competition [CURRENT]

Postby radiance » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:10 pm

radiance Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:10 pm
Hi all,

Our last 2 previous conpetitions have always yielded many wondefull renders,
Usually at leadt 200 wth nearly 400 entries on the last one...

Our current competition is not as successfull for unknown reasons, although we suspect its due to the time of the year (holidays) and the fact that we chose a difficult theme.
Although we have since removed the theme, and anything can be contributed, I think many people did not notice the change and as a result the pace has not picked up yet... :(

We need to get 200+ entries, in order to give us enough website marketing images to pay for all the prizes we are giving away, which have been the biggest, and most expensive lst of prizes to date... (all prizes together, especially all the GPUs, cost thousands of dollars)

It would be extremely helpfull if a few dozen people or so, who hang out on the octanrender forums frequently, but also on other CG relsted forums, help to give us a hand and make some posts over on other 3D CG artist forums, blogs, news sites, etc....

This way, we can remind everyone that there is no mandatory theme anymore and that people still have a chance to start work on an entry as the competition will end at the end of January 2012 (it has been made longer due to the reasons explained above...)

So, if you want to help us, please make a post on any 3D CG artwork related forum, blog, news site, etc... about the competition,
Giving information such as the list of prizes, the theme (2012 end of the work myths) and the fact that the theme is not mandatory, eg anyone can submit any type of image, as long as it adheres to the competition rules (image or animation, minimum resolution, format and place to post it etc...you can find all this in the competition thread's first post)

try to keep it short, concise and simple: List the prizes, non-mandatory theme (and explain people can submit whatever theme or still and/or animation they like, and a big URL link to the forum competition thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8029

Many thanks for helping is out :)

I and the other employees at RS dont have much accounts at all nor any activity ot knowledge of other Artwork related forums...

If you want to help us, please take in mind the following:

* Only post on CG Artwork (for film, asnimation, architecture, hobby, etc...) related forums, blogs, sites, news etc...
* make sure to include the link to the competition thresd

Anyone that help out and make a post somewhere on a forum, blog, etc..., please post what you did in a reply to this thread, so other peole can see what has already been done and what not, and we can see if its working or not :)

Many thanks qnd good luck :),

Yours,
The OctaneRender(R) Team
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Re: IMPORTANT: Please help promote our competition [CURRENT]

Postby glimpse » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:54 am

glimpse Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:54 am
Hi,

I have few questions regarding to the topic of the thread:

* can we promote our work after we put it to competition, but before it ends? (in some challanges it's forbiden to do that) - in that case we would gladly provide links in the same post as general information for what reason the work was made, with links etc.

* can we share some scene (that was used in competion) assets as free downloads?

Simple things, but might change a situation.
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:16 am

radiance Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:16 am
glimpse wrote:Hi,

I have few questions regarding to the topic of the thread:

* can we promote our work after we put it to competition, but before it ends? (in some challanges it's forbiden to do that) - in that case we would gladly provide links in the same post as general information for what reason the work was made, with links etc.

* can we share some scene (that was used in competion) assets as free downloads?

Simple things, but might change a situation.

What do you mean with 'promote' ?
You can post it in the gallery forum, like wips...

If you want to share models or textures, I don't see any issue with that, but I would wait until the end of the competition...

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby glimpse » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:39 am

glimpse Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:39 am
Hi, Radiance,

By 'promote' in this case i ment putting it outside Your forum in order to gain atention and drive trafic to Personal website & competition itself through various online forums. This works bit better than simplly talking 'bout the challange You're organising.

I know that some organiser do not let to share or even post the work outside the official challange website before it ends - that's kind'a silly imho because than You're loosing some trafic of people that might be interested to give a go & try for themself.
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Elvissuperstar007 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:09 pm

Elvissuperstar007 Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:09 pm
we are promoting for 2 years Octane ) here is our page http://vimeo.com/36016234
http://vk.com/octanerender
create a video tutorial on octane
Russia. Ukraine, Belarus, Armenia. Georgia, Kazakhstan. Use our forum
Attachments
Octane VKontakte.png
win 7 /64x C2Quad 6600 2.4/ Nvidia 9800 GX2 1gb 512 bit + Asus 480 GTX/ DDR2 8Gb / NVIDIA 460 GTX 2GB/2x NVIDIA 580 GTX 3GB
Page octane render " В Контакте " http://vkontakte.ru/club17913093
Elvissuperstar007
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby siriolsd666 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:35 pm

siriolsd666 Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:35 pm
I posted here:
Attachments
post2.jpg
post1.jpg
AthlonII X2 6400+ 2.81GHz, 4Gb RAM, Gainward GF 460 GTX 2048Mb, Win7 64bit
siriolsd666
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby glimpse » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:08 pm

glimpse Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:08 pm
P.S. I know that refractive team is busy, but twitter acoumd at this moment of tike at least with some milestones releases and maybe sharing some works from your galery and forums would be beneficial =)

I noticed that a lot of guys haven't heard about your software at all..knowing the price and the features they get hooked very quick =) But there's not so much talk about it =)
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Competitions