Questions regarding the apocalypse competition

Forums: Questions regarding the apocalypse competition
A forum which hosts Octane Render Artwork Competitions
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Questions regarding the apocalypse competition

Postby Mauricio Gomes » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:30 pm

Mauricio Gomes Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:30 pm
kkkk kubo I like your creativity. I hope that all the prophecies that there are lies and the world remains intact kkk

whatever decision will be good for me, just gave my opinion with the intention that we find a better way for us all. :D
Anyway my apocaliptical scene is almost ready, :P
win 7 - Nvidia gtx 680 + gts 450

Mauricio Gomes - 3d generalist
http://www.mandrakeimage.com.br
Mauricio Gomes
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ribrahomedesign » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:28 pm

ribrahomedesign Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:28 pm
hi there.
i just stumbled over this conversation and i am a bit disappointed ,i just finished my apocalypse entries ,and
believe me it took me weeks to do it ,not because its so good it is because this theme is totally out of my
comfort zone ,i am only doing archviz. normally and i have never done any animations with explosions and
collapsing buildings before , i had to learn how to work with particles and dinamics and i have to say it was
good fun , so if i can do a animation everybody can do something by the end of the year .
lets finished this competition and then start a new one .

btw : I planned to upload my stuff just about before new years eve but now i will do it now and everybody who has
a entrie should do the same .
cheers
Rico
Windows 7 , 64 b / GTX 590 / Archicad 15 , 64 b / Cinema 4D R 13 studio , 64b /Intel(R)Core(TM)Extreme3,20Ghz /always latest Octane.
ribrahomedesign
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Few more thoughts regarding the apocalypse competition

Postby glimpse » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:24 am

glimpse Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:24 am
The theme is simply epic, as the plugin & Octane render engines are!

What's wrong? We'll it clould be timing, it could be anything, but if You look around to what is happening in the field, it's more or less the same..- guys loose interest, but it doesn't mean that you have to ruin your efforts too..

Month to extend would give some more fuel for those who are thinking to start the contest, but maybe doesn't have time or balls to do that just yet, pluss those that had made entries because of new players maybe even concider to tweek their works a bit & polish up to higher levels.

In the end we all need to understand, that It's not prizes, it's not the amount..it's not destination, but the Journey that matter most. And thats the idea for refractive team - involve youself a bit more (i know that you're bussy, but..) give some spices to this competition, by pusshing your comunity to the edge..encourage fellow artist to finish up, or step up into competition. But don't extend it for three month..i might just overkill..

Last but not least - the prizes & progress. The final evaluation could be splitt for future under diferent categories, and levels of complexity. In addition to that You can give away one prize in the very beggining of the contest for the very promising artist that is showing let's say best wip images promissing high standarts - just fuel the competition bit more, raising enthusiasm of others with something left unspoken..just for suprize. These contest are really great, but if You push only for the prizes or even disqus about them..

A bit more flexibility and creativity on rules for future contests would help to gain better 'traction' for the whole event!

So, just to add or say once more - i'm for one mont extention & leaving the theme! - this is going to be epic..don't freek out to soon! I do believe, that in the end you can raise a glass of good wine for this!..Life goes on..

Glimps
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rosinho12 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:07 pm

rosinho12 Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:07 pm
it would be great for me to expand the competition.But when i think about it, i don't feel very good,for me and for those that has turned nights improving the works.

maybe you guys should do a check topic, to everybody confirm if had submited or will submit entires

i don't think changin the theme, but like radiance said, opening it, accepting archviz entries too, but with less chances.

in the time i've seen the competition opened, i get crazy. i'm a newbie in the 3d and all, but i wanted to learn and make the best i can.

i have a completed animation here, but will travel today, and have no time to render. but i don't know if i would like it to be expanded.

sorry for the english
rosinho12
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby PeterLux » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:02 pm

PeterLux Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:02 pm
Hello evrybody,

I think it's time to make a choice because if the competition will not be extended, I have only 4 days left for a piece of work that actual needs weeks to be done.

I think extending the competition wouldn't be unfair to anybody, keeping the theme as well and even changing the theme to "do what you like" wouldn't hurt anybody. It is obvious that there are clear options and evry thing that's still needed is somebody making a choice!

I vote for EXTENDING and OPENING THE THEME :!:

I Hope for a decision

greetz

PeterLux :)
Win7 64Bit & ubuntu 64Bit / Intel i7 / 16GB RAM / GTX 580 3GB / blender 2.6x
PeterLux
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FractalBuddha » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:48 am

FractalBuddha Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:48 am
I think we should keep the theme.
If you extend the dead line for one ore two months I will probably rebuild my apocalypse project I accidentally erased from my computer after 50 hours of work : P
Imagine reality

2 x GTX 560 | i7 | windows 7
FractalBuddha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Mauricio Gomes » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:26 am

Mauricio Gomes Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:26 am
thinking on the side of RS is really hard to close the contest now because we have seven positions to award only 20 or 23 entries. In my opinion we should have at least 60 entries to choose 7 ;)
win 7 - Nvidia gtx 680 + gts 450

Mauricio Gomes - 3d generalist
http://www.mandrakeimage.com.br
Mauricio Gomes
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby yogurt » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:46 am

yogurt Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:46 am
it's ok for me (although not very correct) extend the deadline ( and if you want you can extend the topic also) but you have to consider two things in judging the work:
- The date of delivery of the image/video.
- Relevance to the topic.
yogurt
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:05 pm

radiance Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:05 pm
Hi all,

I have decided to extend the competition for one additional month,
And to remove the theme, although the entries about the endof the world / 2012 myth will get more leverage when judging :)

The main reason for the extenstion is that i am pn honeymoon with my new wife (see offtopic forum in a few minutes for some pics of the wedding) and its a bit tough to organize the jury remotely from my honeymoon site.

We also spend a lot of money on the prizes and we need more entries to justify the spending of the huge cost of the prizes... Sorry to those who have worked hard to reach the deadline, consider it like this: you can spend some extra time to fine tune your entry and have a bigger chance to win. :)

Thanks for your patience,
Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby kubo » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:18 am

kubo Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:18 am
I know it's a tough question to answer, but I was wondering if there is any chance to have instances in the next 3 weeks in time to render some finals for the competition, I'm not asking for it (nor demanding it either, lol), just wondering 'cause if they are not, then I have to change the approach in my last scene, and also in a third entry (depending on the spare time I can get ;P), btw, thanks that I got BF3 on a 50% discount, 'cause it seems I'm not going to play it for another month (if I would have known I might have waited.... or not....) :lol:
windows 7 x64 | 2xGTX570 (warming up the planet 1ºC at a time) | i7 920 | 12GB
kubo

PreviousNext

Return to Competitions