Parented objects not positioned correctly when instanced

Forums: Parented objects not positioned correctly when instanced
Sub forum for bug reports

Parented objects not positioned correctly when instanced

Postby huakiami » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:16 am

huakiami Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:16 am
Hi!

This is not a new issue, but I saw recently the problems with instancing of grouped items was resolved so I'm hoping this can be addressed as well.

In this simple scene I have loaded Genesis 8 Female and a sphere primitive. I positioned the sphere at her right hand and parented it to her. Then I created 10 instances of her. Notice in the DAZ viewport all 10 instances have the sphere correctly positioned at her right hand, but in the Octane viewport the G8F figure is instanced properly while all of the instanced spheres are in the same location at the center of the image. Refreshing the geometry / reloading the scene does not correct it. I attached the scene file here if you want to take a look at it.

I did a scene in the past where I needed a large number of soldiers standing in formation holding weapons. Only workaround I could figure out was to export the soldier and weapon as a single OBJ, import it back into the scene, re-assign the materials, and then instance the merged OBJ - definitely not ideal.

instances-daz-viewport.PNG
DAZ viewport - spheres correctly positioned at each instance's right hand.

instances-wrong.png
Octane viewport - sphere only positioned correctly for the original (non-instanced) figure.
Attachments
instances-issue.zip
Scene file
(138.83 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
huakiami
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Parented objects not positioned correctly when instanced

Postby toby_a » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:02 pm

toby_a Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:02 pm
Thank you for reporting this, that is not ideal at all! I will take a look and try to get this fixed in the next version.

Cheers,
Toby.
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Bug Reports