Plugin failed to load

Forums: Plugin failed to load
Sub forum for bug reports

Re: Plugin failed to load

Postby Sorel » Thu May 12, 2022 1:04 am

Sorel Thu May 12, 2022 1:04 am
cridgit wrote:I know nobody reads these forums (the only one other person in the world uses Octane for DAZ Studio is on vacation) but I'll just keep posting my ongoing inability to use Octane plugin for DAZ Studio 4.16 in case my grandchildren want to read about me one day in future.

As reported on 9 March, I have performed a clean install of DAZ Studio 4.16 on a new Windows 11 PC and since then until today 2 months later I haven't been able to load Octane in DAZ Studio. I've tried installing the older and newer versions. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling. I've tried installing with admin privileges.

Admittedly that's all I've done because those were the only suggestions made before the Octane development team got kidnapped by aliens.

Anyway I don't need Octane anymore. I only used it before because it was much faster than Iray but my new 3090 is so fast I can render in Iray now. And it works.

I dont know if you'll read this or not, but I just setup a completely new system with windows 11 and daz octane just works. I'm honestly not sure why it's not working for you. Did you happen to read my previous message about making sure you installed the correct version?
Sorel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby cridgit » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:12 pm

cridgit Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:12 pm
Hi Sorel

I did read your reply and double checked that my versions were correct, thank you for the suggestion. However today the thought came to me to check my license - it appears my 1 year subscription had expired. Even though the post-install activation was successful, the plugin was not loading presumably due to the expiry.

I simply needed to reactivate the subscription. I've installed the latest Octane plugin and it is all working now.

If any of the developers are reading this (I doubt it) you may want to change the cryptic and erroneous error message "File is not a valid DAZ Studio plug-in, or was made for a different version of DAZ Studio" to something more helpful given the problem appears to have been subscription related. It has take me since 9 March to 26 June to stumble on the answer.
cridgit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby toby_a » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:56 pm

toby_a Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:56 pm
cridgit wrote:If any of the developers are reading this (I doubt it) you may want to change the cryptic and erroneous error message "File is not a valid DAZ Studio plug-in, or was made for a different version of DAZ Studio" to something more helpful given the problem appears to have been subscription related. It has take me since 9 March to 26 June to stumble on the answer.

Hi, I've made a note to improve this behaviour in a future version. Thanks for reporting the issue and the solution!

Cheers,
Toby.
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Previous

Return to Bug Reports