Plugin freezes when using Mesh Grabber

Forums: Plugin freezes when using Mesh Grabber
Sub forum for bug reports

Plugin freezes when using Mesh Grabber

Postby Kanne » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:14 pm

Kanne Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:14 pm
Hi,

quite often when using the tool Mesh Grabber the plugin pane freezes / greys out. Sometimes the plugin freezes even if it hasn't been fired up yet after a fresh application start, a scene load and a little adjusting with Mesh Grabber. I thought the plugin would grab the geometry only after the initial start of a render?
Kanne
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Plugin freezes when using Mesh Grabber

Postby BK » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:12 am

BK Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:12 am
Kanne wrote:Hi,

quite often when using the tool Mesh Grabber the plugin pane freezes / greys out. Sometimes the plugin freezes even if it hasn't been fired up yet after a fresh application start, a scene load and a little adjusting with Mesh Grabber. I thought the plugin would grab the geometry only after the initial start of a render?

Hi Kanne,

Thank you so much for reporting this.
It seems this behaviour is somewhat related to this post (viewtopic.php?p=402007#p402007).

Please confirm if you are using the same character?

We have an internal ticket for our developer to investigate.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Kanne » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:54 pm

Kanne Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:54 pm
Sorry, i fail to see the connection. I don't know if Mesh-Grabber works with rigid follow nodes or something like that. And it's not just a temporary slowdown. The complete octane pane turns inactive / greys out and is not accessible/usable till a restart. I'll try to capture a video if i find time this weekend.
Kanne
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:57 am

BK Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:57 am
Kanne wrote:Sorry, i fail to see the connection. I don't know if Mesh-Grabber works with rigid follow nodes or something like that. And it's not just a temporary slowdown. The complete octane pane turns inactive / greys out and is not accessible/usable till a restart. I'll try to capture a video if i find time this weekend.

Hi Kanne,

Thank you again!!
Would you please let us know the steps to replicate this behavior maybe a video would be very helpful?

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Bug Reports