Octane Solaris plugin 2022.1.0.6 - 12 14 22 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: Octane Solaris plugin 2022.1.0.6 - 12 14 22 [OBSOLETE]
Sub forum for plugin releases

Re: Octane Solaris plugin 2022.1.0.6 - 12 14 22 [Test]

Postby BK » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:01 am

BK Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:01 am
dreamof3d55 wrote:Could some one please walk me through having Octane and Solaris.... Windows 11, where is the best place to put the folder
and the .json file to make it all work. I've been following instructions, no Octane in Solaris, Redshift, Vray, Storm, karma, and Houdini GL
Running Houdini 19.5.435

Please help,
Thanks in advance

hi Dreamof3d55,

sure, please try these steps for OctaneSolaris.

- extract the attached packages.zip and copy/move inside path Documents\houdini19.5
- open the OctaneSolaris.json with a notepad or any text editor
- input the right paths for OctaneRender main plugin ["OCTVERSION":] for example ("C:\OctaneSolarisStudio_2022.1.0.6_Houdini_19.5.435_Win64",)
- and OctaneSolaris path with the line starts with ["value":] for example ("C:\OctaneSolarisStudio_2022.1.0.6_Houdini_19.5.435_Win64\dso\usd_plugins",)
- now load Houdini and see if you can see Octane in the Stage's viewport render dropdown.

Note, if you are running octane for the first time then please confirm Nvidia cuDNN is installed and the OctaneRender for Houdini license is active from the Shelves>Option button.

Karma is installed by default since it's SideFx renderer. All we need is to switch the workspace to Stage.

For detailed package installation please follow the link below:
https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/ref ... g_packages

cheers
Attachments
packages.zip
(613 Bytes) Downloaded 62 times
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby snakeboxmedia » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:17 pm

snakeboxmedia Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:17 pm
BK wrote:
snakeboxmedia wrote:As always, new Houdini production build a new Octane compile would great! as this time around octane won't run without it.

Hi Snakeboxmedia,

Thank you so much for the post.
We can confirm this release is compiled with the latest OctaneRender for Houdini 2022.1 production build (viewtopic.php?f=102&t=80871)

cheers

Hey yes thank you, I realised that I had somehow messed up my plugin loading, so it wasn't actually loading correctly at all, which is why it failed, not because of the new production build, current build seems to still work :)
snakeboxmedia
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby HandcraftedMedia » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:52 pm

HandcraftedMedia Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:52 pm
How does one change octane object parameters in solaris? (Like Object layer ID, Camera visibility, attributes etc?) If you do a scene import it seems to not respect those things. Is there a way to add octane object parameters to a sop create?
HandcraftedMedia
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:30 am

BK Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:30 am
HandcraftedMedia wrote:How does one change octane object parameters in solaris? (Like Object layer ID, Camera visibility, attributes etc?) If you do a scene import it seems to not respect those things. Is there a way to add octane object parameters to a sop create?

Hi HandcraftedMedia,

Thanks for the post. Yeah, the Object Layer ID, Camera Visibility can be found under *Render Geometry Settings* node.
There seem to be some challenges in implementing the attributes tab due to the node structure between Octane and Hydra.

However, most of the common mesh info like color data, vectors, and instances are implemented to pick up automatically.
We would get a build-out asap with the main plugin for H19.5.493!

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby lionlee19 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:06 am

lionlee19 Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:06 am
Hi BK,
quick 3 questions about the plugin

1. Instance work fine on "point instancer" method but not all other methods like "Instancable Reference" , "Reference" , "Inherit" ,etc
Am I setting something wrong or is it normal?
2. Are "Color Vertex Attribute" and "float Vertex Attribute" work in Solaris , if so , are they able to read both "Vertex" and "faceVarying" data ?
3. How can I read the scene info same as the old IRP ( info like how many geo, instance , vertex , hair , VDB are loaded into octane)
lionlee19
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby HandcraftedMedia » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:54 pm

HandcraftedMedia Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:54 pm
Yes, I did find the render geometry settings but there are still some things that are missing there, most importantly the tessellation settings. There also doesn't seem to be an option to read Vectron object, use octane scatter or set light emission on the object - which are less important to me).
Are they found somewhere else or is that something that was missed? Or do I need to manually tesselate everything in Sops?
Also regarding vectors and color data being read by default, what names would you use to read them in the octane material builder? Would it be the Solaris name or the attribute name it had in sops?
And when it comes to volume grids, like absorption or color are those read automatically too? The render settings seem to just have vdb options.
HandcraftedMedia
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:19 pm

BK Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:19 pm
lionlee19 wrote:Hi BK,

1. Instance work fine on "point instancer" method but not all other methods like "Instancable Reference" , "Reference" , "Inherit" ,etc
2. Are "Color Vertex Attribute" and "float Vertex Attribute" work in Solaris , if so , are they able to read both "Vertex" and "faceVarying" data ?
3. How can I read the scene info same as the old IRP ( info like how many geo, instance , vertex , hair , VDB are loaded into octane)

Hi lionlee19,

thanks so much for the post!

- We are unsure. Solaris translates from Houdini instancing into a Hydra instancer object. Octane Solaris is a Hydra delegate so it can only do what is possible with Hydra.
Would it be possible to share your scene?

- Yes color and float vertex attributes should be working. If it does not work then please share your scene for us to investigate!

- Do you mean the scene statistic info in the IPR? If so, we are investigating if we can draw on Houdini render viewport

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby HandcraftedMedia » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:45 pm

HandcraftedMedia Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:45 pm
Just checking in again:
- Is there a tessellation option for octane Solaris?
HandcraftedMedia
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:58 pm

BK Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:58 pm
HandcraftedMedia wrote:Just checking in again:
- Is there a tessellation option for octane Solaris?

Hi HandcraftedMedia,

Unfortunately, not yet available!
we need to tessellate the mesh manually to work with HydraSolaris.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby lionlee19 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:37 pm

lionlee19 Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:37 pm
BK wrote:
lionlee19 wrote:Hi BK,

Hi lionlee19,

thanks so much for the post!

- We are unsure. Solaris translates from Houdini instancing into a Hydra instancer object. Octane Solaris is a Hydra delegate so it can only do what is possible with Hydra.
Would it be possible to share your scene?

- Yes color and float vertex attributes should be working. If it does not work then please share your scene for us to investigate!

- Do you mean the scene statistic info in the IPR? If so, we are investigating if we can draw on Houdini render viewport

cheers

Thanks for replying!
1. please check Pm
2. I cannot make "Color Vertex Attribute" and "float Vertex Attribute" work. Can you provide a scene with a mat using these nodes? What typeName(eg float[] ,color3d[]) of the primvar are supported on these nodes?
3.yes, the scene stat.
lionlee19
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Releases