Octane Solaris plugin 2021.1.4 - 05 10 22 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: Octane Solaris plugin 2021.1.4 - 05 10 22 [OBSOLETE]
Sub forum for plugin releases

Re: Octane Solaris plugin 2021.1.4 - 05 10 22 [TEST]

Postby rohandalvi » Thu May 26, 2022 4:41 am

rohandalvi Thu May 26, 2022 4:41 am
I found another bug. Sometimes Octane will just stop accepting any material assignment. I am attaching both files and textures in a rar. You can download it from the link below.

In the textured file, try to change the glass shader while the render is running. It will crash. At least it does on my PC. You will need to load up the textures and the USD file. Everything is there in the rar.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gdabmep0fmft72/bug2.rar?dl=0
rohandalvi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Solaris plugin 2021.1.4 - 05 10 22 [TEST]

Postby BK » Fri May 27, 2022 1:38 am

BK Fri May 27, 2022 1:38 am
rohandalvi wrote:I found another bug. Sometimes Octane will just stop accepting any material assignment. I am attaching both files and textures in a rar. You can download it from the link below.

In the textured file, try to change the glass shader while the render is running. It will crash. At least it does on my PC. You will need to load up the textures and the USD file. Everything is there in the rar.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gdabmep0fmft72/bug2.rar?dl=0

Hi Rohan,

Thank you so much for sharing the scenes.
We can now replicate the hard crash when switching the material.
Interestingly, it does not happen if we swap another USD file, wondering if this is something to do with how the USD was packed.
We have created an internal ticket to investigate further and hopefully fixed for the next release.

Regarding the material assignment issue, does the error say "material not found: /materials/octane_vopnet1"?
This error happens when we render Solaris's Test geometry samples. We assume this could be related to Houdini licensing.
Please close Houdini then try SignOut/SignIn via License Management tool and see if it fixes.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Previous

Return to Releases