Render To Disk

Forums: Render To Disk
Hydra Solaris

Render To Disk

Postby stevepickup » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:03 am

stevepickup Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:03 am
Hello - Just doing some intial testing with Octane in Solris. I'm coming up against a problem rending to disk using the 'Octane' node.
If I render usin the 'rendersettings' followed by the 'USDRender_ROP' node and set to use Octane as the delegate all is okay.
But i'm guessing the workflow should now be to use the 'Octane' node?? but for some reason when you hit the 'render to disk' button, absolutly nothing happens. Any idea what im doing wrong?
stevepickup
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Render To Disk

Postby BK » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:35 pm

BK Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:35 pm
stevepickup wrote:Hello - Just doing some intial testing with Octane in Solris. I'm coming up against a problem rending to disk using the 'Octane' node.
If I render usin the 'rendersettings' followed by the 'USDRender_ROP' node and set to use Octane as the delegate all is okay.
But i'm guessing the workflow should now be to use the 'Octane' node?? but for some reason when you hit the 'render to disk' button, absolutly nothing happens. Any idea what im doing wrong?

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for the post.
Yep, we could use both USD ROP attached to rendersettings node or Octane node to render the images.
For Octane output, please try entering the image output path in the **Output Picture** parameter instead of the USD override path.
Please let us know how it goes!

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Hydra Solaris