Solaris/Octane basic setup

Forums: Solaris/Octane basic setup
Hydra Solaris

Solaris/Octane basic setup

Postby canderled » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:04 pm

canderled Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:04 pm
Hi Guys,

Could someone let me know how to make a basic setup using octane and solaris?? Octane seems to start ok but but when i try to activate it, it just vanish from the menu. Might it be an install issue?? Octane Standealone is working so it shouldn't be a liscense server issue, Maybe a bad install path or me not setting it up correctly for solaris ??? (I had not trouble with the regular houdini plug)
Attachments
Octane-Solaris.jpg
canderled
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Solaris/Octane basic setup

Postby BK » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:12 am

BK Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:12 am
canderled wrote:Hi Guys,

Could someone let me know how to make a basic setup using octane and solaris?? Octane seems to start ok but but when i try to activate it, it just vanish from the menu. Might it be an install issue?? Octane Standealone is working so it shouldn't be a liscense server issue, Maybe a bad install path or me not setting it up correctly for solaris ??? (I had not trouble with the regular houdini plug)

Hi Canderled,

Sorry for the late response.
Are you still having issues running Octane?

- please check the license Activation status from Options>Licensing>License Management from Octane Shelves.
- also, maybe try removing the backward slash after Win64 in the .env.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby canderled » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:06 pm

canderled Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:06 pm
Hi BK

Yes still no luck using it.
Liscence isn't the trouble It's all good.
I tried removing the \ but still not working. I install the regular houdini plug, this one is running fine.
Look solaris plugin is loading correctly but crash only when i try to activate the viewport render, so maybe it could work with a scene properly setuped? Could you provide me one?
That's so bad , I really want to use this solaris/USD workflow.
Attachments
Octane-Solaris02.jpg
canderled
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:48 am

BK Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:48 am
canderled wrote:Hi BK

Yes still no luck using it.
Liscence isn't the trouble It's all good.
I tried removing the \ but still not working. I install the regular houdini plug, this one is running fine.
Look solaris plugin is loading correctly but crash only when i try to activate the viewport render, so maybe it could work with a scene properly setuped? Could you provide me one?
That's so bad , I really want to use this solaris/USD workflow.

Hi canderled,

Strange! Maybe it's because you have two paths for both OctaneSolaris and our main Octane Houdini plugin.
Octane Solaris is already merged with our main plugin so we do not need to reinstall/path the main plugin.

Please remove the Octane Houdini plugin path and try again!

If it does not work then please send an email via our support [email protected] for further investigation?

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Hydra Solaris