Solaris Integration Unification

Forums: Solaris Integration Unification
Hydra Solaris

Solaris Integration Unification

Postby HBHATTI » Mon May 31, 2021 8:56 pm

HBHATTI Mon May 31, 2021 8:56 pm
I think it is ridiculous to have two different octane programs installed (if that's how it works?) with two different functionalities on the same Houdini Program???!!! It should be a single unified rendering system solution that works in the standard Houdini Mode and Solaris mode. I will have to wait until this is more refined but I also want to start learning USD and Solaris basics as a beginner. What are developer thoughts, timelines...etc
HBHATTI
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Solaris Integration Unification

Postby BK » Mon May 31, 2021 10:36 pm

BK Mon May 31, 2021 10:36 pm
HBHATTI wrote:I think it is ridiculous to have two different octane programs installed (if that's how it works?) with two different functionalities on the same Houdini Program???!!! It should be a single unified rendering system solution that works in the standard Houdini Mode and Solaris mode. I will have to wait until this is more refined but I also want to start learning USD and Solaris basics as a beginner. What are developer thoughts, timelines...etc

Hi Bhatti,

Thank you for your feedback.

OctaneSolaris plugin build is already unified with our Octane for Houdini main plugin based on Houdini v18.5.532.
The current OctaneSolaris workflow is to build a custom Render Target via the material library node.

We are planning to add Octane UIs one by one in the next few releases.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby HBHATTI » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:31 am

HBHATTI Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:31 am
Ok appreciate your kind response, I am really looking forward to project maturity :)
HBHATTI
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby heimlich » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:09 pm

heimlich Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:09 pm
BK wrote:
OctaneSolaris plugin build is already unified with our Octane for Houdini main plugin based on Houdini v18.5.532.
The current OctaneSolaris workflow is to build a custom Render Target via the material library node.

are you aware that there is the MAIN plugin OctaneRender 2020.2 for Houdini Production build 2020.2.3.1

which is NOT what the solaris build is... your solaris build from the 27th is still 2020.2.3.0.

The main plugin had a bunch of important crash fixes. So I am not quite sure how this is unified...

Also, the latest Houdini Production build is 18.5.563.
heimlich
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Hydra Solaris