Octane Hydra Install

Forums: Octane Hydra Install
Hydra Solaris

Octane Hydra Install

Postby heimlich » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:38 pm

heimlich Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:38 pm
Guys.. do me a favor.. download 3delight.. install it... DONE.... there's no copying into x amount of folders, there's no NEED to do that. Yes this is beta, but after being advertised and promised for the last 4-5 months, or however long its been, I stopped counting months, i DO expect to be a little more buttoned up in terms of install. Especially if this is beta, which means, that there's probably a multitude of builds coming, and not everyone has the time to go through your install notes and copy/paste into folders, etc. Again.. do this.. download 3Delight, its a single executable, and installs hydra (in their own folder, not scattered throughout houdini folders)...

Thats how its done, thats what I expect from OTOY, being as long in business as you have. OTOY, you should expect no less.

Oliver
heimlich
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Hydra Install

Postby Goldorak » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:56 pm

Goldorak Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:56 pm
Yep. Agreed. I just didn’t want to hold back on public beta testing one more day; we didn’t have time to build the installer for this first release but will be there when it is out of beta.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby heimlich » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:21 pm

heimlich Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:21 pm
Thanks, that'd be appreciated. As expected there's tons of stuff to do, but the aspects that do work, its pretty fast overall.
heimlich
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby heimlich » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:38 pm

heimlich Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:38 pm
One thing that would help also, would be a "this is whats working, this is whats not working and we are aware of it"... as you do with the traditional octane releases.

as example:

1) adding a dome light, and then rotating the dome light, it does not update in the render view
2) no ability to currently change/adjust the render-target/kernel
3) no ability to triangulate at render time (as we have the tessellate at render time on /obj level, its missing in the object geometry settings node)
4) when sliding the time slider, the viewport doesn't update until you let go of the mouse (i.e. hit play... the viewport won't update until you hit the stop button)

those are just some quick ones.
heimlich
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:17 am

BK Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:17 am
heimlich wrote:One thing that would help also, would be a "this is whats working, this is whats not working and we are aware of it"... as you do with the traditional octane releases.

as example:

1) adding a dome light, and then rotating the dome light, it does not update in the render view
3) no ability to triangulate at render time (as we have the tessellate at render time on /obj level, its missing in the object geometry settings node)
4) when sliding the time slider, the viewport doesn't update until you let go of the mouse (i.e. hit play... the viewport won't update until you hit the stop button)

Hi Heimlich,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We truly appreciate it.
Most of these features have been discussed with our dev and we would be implementing them in future releases.

Regarding the 3. issue, please check the houdini.env Path is pointed correctly to the plugin directory.

Code: Select all
HOUDINI_PATH = "/path/to/OctaneHydraSolarisEnterprise;&"

Here is the example Octane UI in the RenderGeometrySettings.
RendergeoSettings.jpg

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby heimlich » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:29 am

heimlich Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:29 am
BK wrote:
heimlich wrote:One thing that would help also, would be a "this is whats working, this is whats not working and we are aware of it"... as you do with the traditional octane releases.

as example:

Hi Heimlich,

Most of these features have been discussed with our dev and we would be implementing them in future releases.

Regarding the 3. issue, please check the houdini.env Path is pointed correctly to the plugin directory.

RendergeoSettings.jpg

cheers

i have that option.. but there's no option for tesselation (like on the regular octane level options)
heimlich
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:43 am

BK Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:43 am
heimlich wrote:
BK wrote:

as example:

Hi Heimlich,

RendergeoSettings.jpg

cheers

i have that option.. but there's no option for tesselation (like on the regular octane level options)

Good to know that!! yep, agree with you. We have requested our dev if we could support it ASAP.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Hydra Solaris