NEW: Octane Hydra | Solaris plug-in beta [OBSOLETE]

Forums: NEW: Octane Hydra | Solaris plug-in beta [OBSOLETE]
Hydra Solaris

NEW: Octane Hydra | Solaris plug-in beta [OBSOLETE]

Postby BK » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:14 am

BK Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:14 am
Dear Octane community,

OTOY® is proud to announce the availability of new DCC plugin OctaneRender Hydra | Solaris (V2020.1.3 - for Houdini 18.0.499) and Octane X Hydra | Solaris (PR1 for Houdini 18.0.499).

The world's fastest unbiased GPU rendering engine on CUDA and Metal now integrates completely with Houdini 18.0 Solaris.

What is Octane Hydra | Solaris?
The Octane Hydra | Solaris plugin is based on Pixar’s USD (Universal Scene Description) and Pixar’s Hydra API to empower artist workflows across look development, scene layout, lighting, and final rendering.

The Octane X release can be downloaded via Download page. Find out more about currently supported GPUs Octane X

Pixar's USD pipeline
https://renderman.pixar.com/stories/pixars-usd-pipeline

-Installation steps-
CUDAInstallation.txt
(1.12 KiB) Downloaded 466 times

MetalInstallation.txt
(930 Bytes) Downloaded 404 times

-Known Issues-
- Light Linker is yet to be supported as we are investigating if we could assign the Octane light IDs internally.

===================================
Enterprise Subscription Downloads
Enterprise Downloads

Studio Subscription Downloads
Studio Subscription Downloads

Happy GPU Rendering !!

Your team
OTOY
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: NEW: Octane Hydra | Solaris plug-in beta

Postby filipw » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:12 pm

filipw Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:12 pm
Seriously, has anyone on Mac been able to get this running?

I have tried to reach out on this forum, discord and finally to the help email but that is of over the weekend.
This is the installation text:
Octane Houdini Solaris Enterprise plugin install instructions

You should be running the version of Houdini which matches the plugin distribution.

If you want to see the Octane UI when the Octane renderer is selected in Houdini, copy
hdOctaneScenes to your Mac's home folder.
You can rename hdOctane.txt to disable the Octane SDK UI window.
The first time you render, the scene will be exported to hdOctaneExport.orbx in hdOctaneScenes.
Delete the hdOctaneExport.orbx file and relaunch Houdini to export a new orbx file.

Copy the contents of into_usd_plugins into the Houdini usd_plugins folder.
Example (change the Houdini version number):
/Applications/Houdini/Houdini18.0.499/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/18.0/Libraries/usd_plugins

Edit this file:
~/Library/Preferences/houdini/18.0/houdini.env

Add or modify this line:
HOUDINI_PATH = "/path/to/main_octane_plugin;/path/to/OctaneHydraSolarisEnterprise;&"

If I copy the contents of "into_usd_plugins" into /Applications/Houdini/Houdini18.0.499/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/18.0/Libraries/usd_plugins and set my HOUDINI_PATH to point to some random place where I put the whole folder "OctaneHydraSolarisEnterprise" the delegate will show up as an alternative in viewport but when choosen it crashes Houdini (or locks it up). The error seems to be that liboctane.dylib exists in two places. ( I should mention that the regular plugin works ok)

Anyway, those of you who have gotten this to work (on mac), would you please describe the steps taken?
filipw
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:56 am

BK Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:56 am
filipw wrote:Seriously, has anyone on Mac been able to get this running?

I have tried to reach out on this forum, discord and finally to the help email but that is of over the weekend.
This is the installation text:
Octane Houdini Solaris Enterprise plugin install instructions

You should be running the version of Houdini which matches the plugin distribution.

If you want to see the Octane UI when the Octane renderer is selected in Houdini, copy
hdOctaneScenes to your Mac's home folder.
You can rename hdOctane.txt to disable the Octane SDK UI window.
The first time you render, the scene will be exported to hdOctaneExport.orbx in hdOctaneScenes.
Delete the hdOctaneExport.orbx file and relaunch Houdini to export a new orbx file.

Copy the contents of into_usd_plugins into the Houdini usd_plugins folder.
Example (change the Houdini version number):
/Applications/Houdini/Houdini18.0.499/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/18.0/Libraries/usd_plugins

Edit this file:
~/Library/Preferences/houdini/18.0/houdini.env

Add or modify this line:
HOUDINI_PATH = "/path/to/main_octane_plugin;/path/to/OctaneHydraSolarisEnterprise;&"

If I copy the contents of "into_usd_plugins" into /Applications/Houdini/Houdini18.0.499/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/18.0/Libraries/usd_plugins and set my HOUDINI_PATH to point to some random place where I put the whole folder "OctaneHydraSolarisEnterprise" the delegate will show up as an alternative in viewport but when choosen it crashes Houdini (or locks it up). The error seems to be that liboctane.dylib exists in two places. ( I should mention that the regular plugin works ok)

Anyway, those of you who have gotten this to work (on mac), would you please describe the steps taken?

Hi Filipw,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
We are working on resolving this issue ASAP!!

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Phantom4 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:21 pm

Phantom4 Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:21 pm
The installation text has since been updated as the copying step is no longer required since the main Octane Houdini plugin is included with the Octane Solaris distribution.
Instead just edit the Houdini.env file so that the combined plugin folder is used. This way both plugins share the same liboctane.dylib.
Phantom4
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: NEW: Octane Hydra | Solaris plug-in beta [OBSOLETE]

Postby BK » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:31 pm

BK Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:31 pm
Hiya,

Please find the latest releases from this link below:

viewforum.php?f=141

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d