Forums: Love affair with RNDR wearing thin
Discussion Forum for the Render Network
Forum rules
For support questions please visit help.otoy.com or contact [email protected]

Love affair with RNDR wearing thin

Postby RegSquires » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:22 am

RegSquires Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:22 am
OctaneStandalone.jpg

As much as I initially loved RNDR, it does do very odd things. Somewhere along the way one item got different textures and I notice about 3 spurious frames where an object flicked into the top left of the image. This is really not reliable, when it works in Standalone on your desktop and the exact same ORBX produces very odd results when you upload to RNDR. It was hard to see these anomalies so I just selected all and OK'd them for download. I should have done the play blast and I would suggest people do it with animation as you will see these types of odd frames if you go through even at that lower res. Still doesn't explain how one item got a different texture assigned. I think you have to be very careful in how you name things otherwise bad stuff happens.

In the attached images the object appears in the upper left of the frame and happened for 3 frames. ˇhe frames were I think 28, 30 and 31 and it didn't happen again for the rest of the 270 or so frames. The item that got retextured was also top left and because it was a displacement texture it created a pretty ugly element that I would need to render again.

I re rendered on my laptop at reduced settings, took a while, but I felt much better than I did with the unknowns of RNDR.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 12.09.49 pm.jpg
RegSquires
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Love affair with RNDR wearing thin

Postby bepeg4d » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:08 am

bepeg4d Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:08 am
Hi,
this is not normal :roll:

I've sent you a Private Message.

ciao,