Complete misunderstanding

Forums: Complete misunderstanding
Discussion Forum for the Render Network
Forum rules
For support questions please visit help.otoy.com or contact [email protected]

Complete misunderstanding

Postby promity » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:35 am

promity Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:35 am
I don't seem to understand anything about how the RNDR works. I need one single frame, which on my configuration would take two or three days to render. I deposited funds into my account, uploaded the scene, specified my OB data and started the work. Despite the fact that the frame size is quite large - 11200x4480 - so far the redner has reached only 7% after 13 hours of rendering. On my computer, I would have achieved perhaps the best results during this time. Or I just don't understand how it all works? I needed a fast rendering service to finish my project faster. But in the end, I got almost even slower rendering than if I had done it myself.
Why not make a simple video instruction with explanations available to everyone? How to load a scene, how to run a render, how to calculate the cost, etc.? I used the services of ordinary render farms - everything was simple and clear there - what's wrong with the Octane render farm? Why not just offer users the ability to choose a configuration of video cards (let through the equivalent of OB) - let's say I need 5 rtx 3090 (or enter the points corresponding to a specific GPU in OB), the preliminary render calculator calculates the render time and the system tells you how much each individual frame will cost with your settings?
It would be super simple and straightforward, unlike the current system.
AMD Threadripper 1950X/64gb ram/RTX 3080 Ti + RTX 2070/Samsung SSD 870 EVO 500 gb/
Lightwave 3d
promity
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Complete misunderstanding

Postby bepeg4d » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:28 am

bepeg4d Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:28 am
Hi,
instead of sending one huge big frame to RNDR, please use the following Lua script to split the big frame buffer into tiled animated frames:
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=59099&p=349230&hilit=tiled+camera#p302771

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: Complete misunderstanding

Postby glimpse » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:10 pm

glimpse Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:10 pm
the way RNDR works now is: You upload Your .orbx file choose and start rendering.

For now You have 2 or 3 options:
* Tier 3 is the cheapest one, but You get lower priority and something like machine with single GPU
* Tier 2 is a bit more expensive, but You get bigger machine
* Tier 1 is the most expensive and You get a server in the data center.

When You render single frame, You are leaving the work for a single machine - the workload is not splitted into chunks - so in case of tier 3 You can get machine with single 1080ti and wait for render to come out.

the solution for now, for faster rendering would be to pick tier 2.
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to The Render Network