ORBX export glitch and speed

Forums: ORBX export glitch and speed
Sub forum for bug reports

Moderator: juanjgon

ORBX export glitch and speed

Postby mboumans » Wed May 20, 2020 5:54 am

mboumans Wed May 20, 2020 5:54 am
When I export a scene that utilizes Out of Core memory to an ORBX from Lightwave, I get these weird glitches. I can't exactly tell what the problem is, but in the past it looked like textures were turned off and on, although it doesn't look like that in this case. The ORBX export is extremely slow as well, while according to Lino Grandi, it should be very vast like it does in Blender.

Link to issue: https://youtu.be/N3vUChzougg
Attachments

[ Play Quicktime file ] 1_1_1_Beauty_00.mov [ 51.33 MiB | Viewed 1813 times ]

mboumans
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: ORBX export glitch and speed

Postby juanjgon » Wed May 20, 2020 8:08 am

juanjgon Wed May 20, 2020 8:08 am
And do you say that this happens only when you export the scene with the out of core enabled? It is really weird, because the out of core is a rendering feature that should not be used at all while exporting orbx files without rendering the scene.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby mboumans » Thu May 28, 2020 9:08 am

mboumans Thu May 28, 2020 9:08 am
Yes. This always happened when working with a lot of geometry. The glitches also show up in Octane Standalone for some reason. I get failed frames as well when rendering light scenes. Like the EXR is corrupt. I can't tell if this is the RNDR that writes corrupt frames or that it is because of the ORBX. It is terrible to work with RNDR at the moment when exporting from Lightwave 3D. I have to re-render certain frames from LW itself all the time because either the ORBX or RNDR messed up.
mboumans
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:18 am

juanjgon Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:18 am
I'm not sure what could be the problem, but if you can send me a LightWave scene or the .orbx file with this problem I could try to reproduce this problem here. In any case, have you reported these problems to the OCR team at [email protected] or using the requests page https://help.otoy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new ?

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby mboumans » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:42 am

mboumans Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:42 am
Sorry for the late reply Juanjo. Yes I could send you an .orbx file of 25 frames of animation. It is about 8gb in file-size. To which address can I send this (you can pm me)?
mboumans
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Bug Reports