This is an Octane for LightWave EOL Tribute build
including the latest Octane 2021.1.5 stable core
. A lot of the new Octane 2021.1 features are not available (no new nodes and so on) but at least these plugin builds will guarantee the present and future compatibility with the latest GPUs and NVIDIA drivers, extending the EOL of the plugin for all the users still working with it, and including all the latest core fixes and even some new features.
This version supports Nvidia Ampere GPUs and as a consequence, we had to drop support for old Kepler cards with a compute model < 3.5. And please make sure to use a NVIDIA Studio driver with version at least 456.38 on Windows
or 455.23 on LinuxRelease 2021.1.5.0 Enterprise subscription licensehttps://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... rprise.zipRelease 2021.1.5.0 Studio subscription licensehttps://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... studio.zipRelease 2021.1.5.0 Demo versionhttps://render.otoy.com/plugindownloads ... 4_demo.zipStandalone 2021.1.5 version for the network rendering nodesviewtopic.php?f=24&t=79777Release Notes=============================================
* OCTANE 2021.1.5 FEATURES AND FIXES:
- Fixed an issue where SSS + fake shadow enabled was rendering too dark when it sits inside another specular material that has fake shadow enabled.
- Fixed Vectron geometry becoming invisible if the bounds pin is unconnected. We now use the default bounds in that case which are 10m x 10m x 10x.
- The Bounds input of Vectron nodes doesn't allow negative values anymore and will be clamped at 0. Old scenes with negative values are converted to use very large bounds.
- Fixed another case of SSS being a bit too bright with nested dielectric.
- Fixed incorrect material rendering if RTX is disabled, nested dielectrics are enabled and you move the camera.
- Fixed incorrect rendering of Vectron geometry.
- Fixed texture projections on SDF objects (Vectron and Volume SDFs).
- Fixed a bug where auto bump map doesn't work as expected when box projection is used.
- Fixed object layer masks of volumes which were messing up custom AOVs.
- Fixed random net render hang when no local GPUs are used for rendering.
- Fixed render error when using the baking camera with a baking group ID with empty UV data.
- Fixed issue requiring you to re-login when switching versions of Octane on some Linux distros.
- Fixed issue on Windows causing an ORBX file corruption when updating files on remote drives that have been temporarily disconnected (for example by having the computer go to sleep)* OCTANE 2021.1.4 FEATURES AND FIXES:
- Small performance improvement for non-RTX ray-tracing.
- Improved startup times, especially on Linux.
- If an OctaneLive activation fails due to an interrupted Internet connection, we open a retry dialog and try again automatically after 20 seconds.
- Fixed authentication failures when more than 4 Octane processes try to authenticate on Linux. If a failure still occurs, we open a retry dialog and try again automatically after 4 seconds.
- Fixed incorrect rendering of materials that use a dirt texture as input of any of the channel manipulation textures (like Channel merger or Channel mapper).
- Fixed incorrect rendering of OSL textures that have an unconnected _sdf input.
- Fixed black pixels on materials that emit and which have an opacity of 0 or a general visibility of 0.
- Fixed incorrect values in volume Z-depth front AOV.
- Fixed render hang when you use the baking camera is a scene with displacement triangles.
- Fixed auto bump which may cause artefacts on vertex displacement materials that projections other than UV mapping.
- Fixed copy and pasting a geometric primitive, where the first change of the primitive type of the copied geometric primitive was ignored.* OCTANE 2021.1.3 FEATURES AND FIXES:
- Performance optimizations for devices of all supported compute models with the exception of 8.0.
- Fixed saving of AOVs that was ignoring non-cryptomatte AOVs after the export of a cryptomatte AOV.
- Fixed the power input of a texture used as a normal map being evaluated as a normal map (see viewtopic.php?p=409683#p409683).
- Fixed incorrect application of the material layer opacity when emission is used in an universal material, resulting in wrong material layer weights (see viewtopic.php?p=410064#p410064).
- Fixed unnecessary geometry rebuilds when switching between universal camera nodes, if you use vertex displacement and the vertex displacement texture has inputs outside the root of the texture node tree (see viewtopic.php?p=409585#p409585).
- Fixed a crash when you delete a volumetric light that is connected to a render target and rendering has already started.
- OSL: Fixed crash when using certain struct constructors in OSL.
- OSL: sqrt(x) returns 0 for x < 0, as specified by OSL.
- OSL: If a geometry input on a Vectron node is not connected, the _sdf struct gets the material ID of this node by default.
Your OTOY Team