This is an production release of the OctaneRender™ 2020.2 for LightWave™ plugin version 2020.2.0.4, available for LightWave 11.6, 2015.3, 2018.0, 2019.0/2019.1 and 2020.0 Windows x64 and MacOS (CUDA). This build has been compiled using the Octane 2020.2 core.
Make sure to use an NVIDIA Studio driver with version at least 456.38 on Windows. No driver updates are required for macOS 10.13 (CUDA).
To learn more about the new features and improvements of OctaneRender 2020.2, please check out the 2020.2 release post, but this is a quick list of the main new features that have been added.
FEATURES AVAILABLE IN THE LIGHTWAVE PLUGIN:
- Improved RTX performance.
- Fast Spectral Nested Dielectrics.
- Denoiser support for the new NVIDIA Ampere devices.
- New chaos texture node.
- Improved color correction node.
FEATURES STILL IN DEVELOPMENT:
- ACEScg and filmic processing. New color options available in the Octane ROP node.
- OpenColorIO Management, Display and Export (OCIO profile). Configured from the "OCIO" environment variable.
- OpenColorIOColor graph nodes. Look, Profile and View nodes
- Integrated multi-scatter from volumes or surfaces. Available in the Octane OBJ spare parameters.
- User generated compositor AOV passes for combining render and light passes in full a compositor node graph.
- Null material.
- Spotlight texture.
- New ray type, texture composite and channel tools shader nodes.
Release 2020.2.0.4 Enterprise subscription license
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... rprise.zip
MacOS CUDA build coming soon!
Release 2020.2.0.4 Studio subscription license
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... studio.zip
MacOS CUDA build coming soon!
Standalone 2020.2.0 version for the network rendering nodes
* PLUGIN FEATURES AND FIXES:
- If the IPR window is opened, F9/F10 will render the IPR scene without reloading it. To fully reload the scene, you have to close the IPR window before pressing F9/F10
- Added new 8k, 16k and 32k resolutions to the procedurals rasterization size option.
- Fixed a problem with the multi-layered EXR files tonemapping options.
* NEW OCTANE 2020.2 FEATURES:
- Updated color correction node.
- New chaos texture node.
* OCTANE 2020.2 FINAL BUGS FIXED:
- Fixed auto bump map output which was incorrect for the geometries (mainly for polygon with more than 4 vertices) in clockwise winding order.
- Fixed denoiser output to be slightly brighter when the render layer is enabled.
- Fixed alpha channel which was incorrect when the raw pass in the render passes and the pre-multiply alpha in the imager settings are enabled.
- Fixed toon material showing artifacts when vertex displacement is used.
- Fixed CUDA failure when the scene contains a material with a vertex attribute texture and emission.
- Fixed null material not triggering an update when its smooth pin and its rounded edges pin changes.
- Fixed missing update of composite texture when input textures changed.
- Fixed emission pass which was mistakenly including volume absorption data along with emission data.
- Fixed brightness of emitters in the denoised result if an environment medium is used.
- Fixed normalized info passes of the render AOV output in compositing.
- Fixed AOV list of the render AOV output node.
- Fixed how instance IDs are computed from grid coordinates in Scatter in volume tool.
- Fixed a crash in the surface scatter node which happened when you choose mode "Relative density" and create a new texture node for the density input.
* OCTANE 2020.2 RC7 BUGS FIXED:
- Improved the performance of changing non-image inputs of the chaos texture node.
- Any error messages collected during startup are logged before Octane is stopped.
- OSL Ng is now returning the non-interpolated normal for triangles - calculated from the geometry. To get the interpolated vertex/smooth normal you can use getAttribute("hit:smooth-normal", ...).
- Fixed crash when a CUDA error happens during denoising (see viewtopic.php?p=394386#p394386).
- Fixed a crash caused by a specific combination of empty texture and material pins.
- Fixed denoiser crash on Maxwell GPUs.
- Fixed CUDA failure when peer-to-peer rendering is enabled and you stop+start rendering (see viewtopic.php?p=395065#p395065) or toggle RTX while rendering.
- Fixed filter pass not rendering anything for hair material and universal material's specular transmission + diffuse reflection layer (see viewtopic.php?p=394519#p394519).
- Fixed artefacts around objects inside glass if nested dielectrics and dispersion are enabled (see viewtopic.php?p=394893#p394893).
- Fixed thin wall materials rendering incorrectly when sitting inside a specular material (see viewtopic.php?p=395013#p395013).
- Fixed a renderer stall caused by not always adding an extra blank material name when needed when loading an animated Alembic file and using an importance sampled environment.
- Fixed that the dirt radius map often doesn't work/update.
- Fixed too dark shadows of large emitters behind glass with fake shadows enabled.
- Fixed a bug where auto bump map is not applied properly on all geometries (see viewtopic.php?p=394971#p394971).
- Fixed incorrect update of the texture displacement offset in the compiled geometry data.
- Fixed missing update of internal auto bump map resolution.
- Fixed slow down in scenes with planes that have a shadow catcher material.
- Fixed bug that caused the AO texture of the direct light kernel to get ignored in the very first rendering.
- Fixed loadind of EXR files with no default layer. In that case we fall back to the first layer stored in the EXR file.
- Fixed hang in the network render master when the heartbeat of a daemon connection stops / times out.
Your OTOY Team