OctaneRender 2020.2 LightWave Production build 2020.2.3.0

Forums: OctaneRender 2020.2 LightWave Production build 2020.2.3.0
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: juanjgon

Re: OctaneRender 2020.2 LightWave Production build 2020.2.3.0

Postby AndyM1969 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:53 pm

AndyM1969 Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:53 pm
Nice and on my birthday too, yipee a nice present. thank you Juan.
AndyM1969
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:26 pm

Re: OctaneRender 2020.2 LightWave Production build 2020.2.3.0

Postby juanjgon » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:32 pm

juanjgon Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:32 pm
Carlos3D wrote:Thank you very much for one more update Juanjo.

Sorry for my ignorance.

What does (Priority) do in the Transmission / Misc tab?

I did not have the opportunity to check if this function came out in previous versions or in this one.

Grateful.


This is to control de priority in the nested dielectrics.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
Computer Graphics Software Developer
Octane plugin development and support: LightWave and Houdini
User avatar
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer
 
Posts: 8227
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:01 pm
Location: Spain

Re: OctaneRender 2020.2 LightWave Production build 2020.2.3.0

Postby juanjgon » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:33 pm

juanjgon Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:33 pm
Rainbow-3D wrote:Thank you for the update.
Unfortunately the Multi-thread scene extraction crash my LW immediately. It isn't a big problem for me, my scenes aren't so fat and I can disable it. In any case I ask if it is only a my problem or if it happens to someone other.
I know, it is my fault, I still working on W7 so I can use only game driver, but maybe this isn't a problem of nvidia driver, but SO.
Bye
Gianluca

Can you please send me your scene to take a look at it here? This is the only way to fix any problem with the multi-thread scene extraction. I need a repro scene.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
Computer Graphics Software Developer
Octane plugin development and support: LightWave and Houdini
User avatar
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer
 
Posts: 8227
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:01 pm
Location: Spain

Re: OctaneRender 2020.2 LightWave Production build 2020.2.3.0

Postby juanjgon » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:33 pm

juanjgon Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:33 pm
promity wrote:Thanks for new release. But I also got crashes, but not only with this function enabled - many of my scenes that ran without problems on the previous release now regularly crash.


Can you please send me your scene to take a look at it here? This is the only way to fix any problem with the multi-thread scene extraction. I need a repro scene.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
Computer Graphics Software Developer
Octane plugin development and support: LightWave and Houdini
User avatar
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer
 
Posts: 8227
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:01 pm
Location: Spain

Re: OctaneRender 2020.2 LightWave Production build 2020.2.3.0

Postby Carlos3D » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:06 pm

Carlos3D Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:06 pm
juanjgon wrote:
Carlos3D wrote:Thank you very much for one more update Juanjo.

Sorry for my ignorance.

What does (Priority) do in the Transmission / Misc tab?

I did not have the opportunity to check if this function came out in previous versions or in this one.

Grateful.


This is to control de priority in the nested dielectrics.

Thanks,
-Juanjo



Thanks for responding so quickly Juanjo.

I am going to take a look at the Standalone Manual since the highly anticipated Octane for LightWave Manual has not been updated to this day.

I hope it has this function there.
User avatar
Carlos3D
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:45 pm

Re: OctaneRender 2020.2 LightWave Production build 2020.2.3.0

Postby promity » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:32 am

promity Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:32 am
juanjgon wrote:
promity wrote:Thanks for new release. But I also got crashes, but not only with this function enabled - many of my scenes that ran without problems on the previous release now regularly crash.


Can you please send me your scene to take a look at it here? This is the only way to fix any problem with the multi-thread scene extraction. I need a repro scene.

Thanks,
-Juanjo

Already sent.
Asus z9ped8ws/2x Intel Xeon E5-2692 v2/64gb ram/GTX1080+GTX 1070+GTX 980Ti/Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 gb/
Octaneplugin+Lightwave 3d)
User avatar
promity
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:59 am
Location: Russia

Re: OctaneRender 2020.2 LightWave Production build 2020.2.3.0

Postby Rainbow-3D » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:23 am

Rainbow-3D Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:23 am
juanjgon wrote:
Rainbow-3D wrote:Thank you for the update.
Unfortunately the Multi-thread scene extraction crash my LW immediately. It isn't a big problem for me, my scenes aren't so fat and I can disable it. In any case I ask if it is only a my problem or if it happens to someone other.
I know, it is my fault, I still working on W7 so I can use only game driver, but maybe this isn't a problem of nvidia driver, but SO.
Bye
Gianluca

Can you please send me your scene to take a look at it here? This is the only way to fix any problem with the multi-thread scene extraction. I need a repro scene.

Thanks,
-Juanjo



Done, thanks.
Gianluca
Win 7 x64 | Asus P8P67-M - i72600K | 16 GB RAM | 1 x nVidia RTX 2800 | 1 x nVidia GTX 750ti
User avatar
Rainbow-3D
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: OctaneRender 2020.2 LightWave Production build 2020.2.3.0

Postby Mastoy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:46 am

Mastoy Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:46 am
Same here : instant crash of LW 2019.1.5 as soon as I press F10 with multi-thread scene extraction ON

EDIT : I'm sending you a scene right now
Mastoy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: OctaneRender 2020.2 LightWave Production build 2020.2.3.0

Postby juanjgon » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:22 pm

juanjgon Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:22 pm
The problems with the gradients and ramp nodes, and the FiberFX rendering has been fixed for the next build that will be released shortly.

Thanks for your patience,
-Juanjo
Computer Graphics Software Developer
Octane plugin development and support: LightWave and Houdini
User avatar
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer
 
Posts: 8227
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:01 pm
Location: Spain

Re: OctaneRender 2020.2 LightWave Production build 2020.2.3.0

Postby promity » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:41 pm

promity Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:41 pm
Thank you!
Asus z9ped8ws/2x Intel Xeon E5-2692 v2/64gb ram/GTX1080+GTX 1070+GTX 980Ti/Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 gb/
Octaneplugin+Lightwave 3d)
User avatar
promity
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:59 am
Location: Russia
PreviousNext

Return to Releases


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Tue May 11, 2021 10:33 pm [ UTC ]