Camera Projection

Forums: Camera Projection
Sub forum for help and tutorials.

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Camera Projection

Postby punkvstudio » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:20 pm

punkvstudio Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:20 pm
I am trying to project a texture from camera inside UE5, but I can't find how to assign the actual camera to the projection mapping. After watching some tutorials in Blender and C4D I am not sure whether this is an actual limitation in the UE5 plugin or if I am missing something.

Coul someone please help me.

Many thanks,

Demian
punkvstudio

Re: Camera Projection

Postby ChrisHekman » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:13 pm

ChrisHekman Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:13 pm
punkvstudio wrote:I am trying to project a texture from camera inside UE5, but I can't find how to assign the actual camera to the projection mapping. After watching some tutorials in Blender and C4D I am not sure whether this is an actual limitation in the UE5 plugin or if I am missing something.

Coul someone please help me.

Many thanks,

Demian

Could you share one of the Blender/C4D tutorials so I can see what you intend to do?
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby punkvstudio » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:07 pm

punkvstudio Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:07 pm
Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your response. Here is the tutorial I followed in Octane for Blender: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5OxEd3KDro.

Basically I am trying to project an image or video on geometry as a texture. The Camera Data node in Blender that the tutorial reffers to is not present in the UE5 plugin, and couldn't find any other similar node that gives the texture the corresponding camera mapping.

Many thanks in advance.

Best,

Demian
punkvstudio

Postby ChrisHekman » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:23 am

ChrisHekman Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:23 am
punkvstudio wrote:Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your response. Here is the tutorial I followed in Octane for Blender: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5OxEd3KDro.

Basically I am trying to project an image or video on geometry as a texture. The Camera Data node in Blender that the tutorial reffers to is not present in the UE5 plugin, and couldn't find any other similar node that gives the texture the corresponding camera mapping.

Many thanks in advance.

Best,

Demian

It is possible to almost do everything in this tutorial in the Unreal plugin. The only thing missing is the direct connection to the octane camera and the perspective node.
Ill see if there is a way to add this functionality to the plugin.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Help / Tutorials