Unable to import orbx scene to unreal if polygon selection t

Forums: Unable to import orbx scene to unreal if polygon selection t
Unreal® Engine Integrated Plugin

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Unable to import orbx scene to unreal if polygon selection t

Postby banandai » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:59 am

banandai Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:59 am
If the scene uses a polygon selection tag (cinema 4d) and I save the scene as orbx, then when it is imported into unreal, it crahed.
banandai

Re: Unable to import orbx scene to unreal if polygon selection t

Postby ChrisHekman » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:27 am

ChrisHekman Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:27 am
banandai wrote:If the scene uses a polygon selection tag (cinema 4d) and I save the scene as orbx, then when it is imported into unreal, it crahed.

Interesting, could you share your orbx with me? It would me save time as I am not very familiar with the c4d plugin.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby banandai » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:25 pm

banandai Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:25 pm
Interesting, could you share your orbx with me? It would me save time as I am not very familiar with the c4d plugin.

Im using Octane plugin and Orbx format to import. With c4d plugin no problem
I think it's related to the scene, because if I remove all geometry and create a default cube, the unreal one fails. But I can't figure out what exactly is wrong in the scene and why if I remove all polygon selection tags everything works.
I uploaded 2 versions in Orbx format and one in cinema format, if you need something else, write to me.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VwFK9fgVjNM5PTz9ynWIrXhC-y2A_LSq?usp=sharing
and also, if I export as animated package, then everything also works. An error occurs when importing with Polygon Selection tags only when static package exporting
banandai

Postby ChrisHekman » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:52 am

ChrisHekman Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:52 am
banandai wrote:

Im using Octane plugin and Orbx format to import. With c4d plugin no problem
I think it's related to the scene, because if I remove all geometry and create a default cube, the unreal one fails. But I can't figure out what exactly is wrong in the scene and why if I remove all polygon selection tags everything works.
I uploaded 2 versions in Orbx format and one in cinema format, if you need something else, write to me.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VwFK9fgVjNM5PTz9ynWIrXhC-y2A_LSq?usp=sharing
and also, if I export as animated package, then everything also works. An error occurs when importing with Polygon Selection tags only when static package exporting

I think I fixed the crash. It will be part of the next build.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Unreal® Engine