Cinema4d Octane Materials to UE

Forums: Cinema4d Octane Materials to UE
Unreal® Engine Integrated Plugin

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Cinema4d Octane Materials to UE

Postby johnkatehis » Thu May 27, 2021 4:44 pm

johnkatehis Thu May 27, 2021 4:44 pm
Hi guys,

I am a relatively new UE user, I was wondering if it is possible to get octane materials made in Cinema4d or a cinema4d scene with octane materials loaded in Unreal.
Would orbx file work ?
johnkatehis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Cinema4d Octane Materials to UE

Postby ChrisHekman » Fri May 28, 2021 2:54 pm

ChrisHekman Fri May 28, 2021 2:54 pm
Yes, there are two ways at the moment.
You can export your cinema4d scene to orbx.

Then you can import the ORBX as a proxy into the scene. This proxy can then be placed into an unreal scene as a sigle entity.

Or you can import the ORBX. The plugin will then attempt to convert the ORBX scene to unreal assets and a level.
The octane materials then get converted to "octane override materials" in Unreal.
This second process is not a 100%.
This second option can also approximate the materials in the ORBX to unreal materials.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby dingyuxiang » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:12 am

dingyuxiang Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:12 am
What services do I need to subscribe to install ? I want Inport C4D Octane Materials to UE4.
dingyuxiang

Postby ChrisHekman » Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:41 pm

ChrisHekman Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:41 pm
dingyuxiang wrote:What services do I need to subscribe to install ? I want Inport C4D Octane Materials to UE4.

You would need a C4D license. Unreal has a free tier you can use, but also a licensed tier.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Respecognize » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:04 pm

Respecognize Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:04 pm
ChrisHekman wrote:Yes, there are two ways at the moment.

Then you can import the ORBX as a proxy into the scene. This proxy can then be placed into an unreal scene as a sigle entity.

Or you can import the ORBX. The plugin will then attempt to convert the ORBX scene to unreal assets and a level.
The octane materials then get converted to "octane override materials" in Unreal.
This second option can also approximate the materials in the ORBX to unreal materials.

After placing the orbx proxy in your scene, how do you start render? Is there a specific place you have to put your scene or any settings after you put the proxy in your world? And you mean just drag and drop into the level right?
Respecognize

Postby ChrisHekman » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:45 pm

ChrisHekman Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:45 pm
Respecognize wrote:
ChrisHekman wrote:Yes, there are two ways at the moment.

After placing the orbx proxy in your scene, how do you start render? Is there a specific place you have to put your scene or any settings after you put the proxy in your world? And you mean just drag and drop into the level right?

You will need to create a rendertargetactor (you can select the option from the octane dropdown menu, or via the normal way of creating actors)
Then select the rendertargetactor, and press the render button in the details view
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Unreal® Engine