Connecting exported FBX sequencer to standalone

Forums: Connecting exported FBX sequencer to standalone
Unreal® Engine Integrated Plugin

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Connecting exported FBX sequencer to standalone

Postby sheralondunn » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:59 am

sheralondunn Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:59 am
Hi All,

Hope can have someone shed a little light on a problem I'm trying to resolve for a work project. Have a UE4 project which have exported as an ORBX file and imported successfully into Octane Standalone. Have then exported a sequencer sequence as FBX, converted to Alembic Cache and imported into the standalone project. Using a script that was provided from the following page: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=57252 I downloaded the Alembic Cam with Pano camera script from here: viewtopic.php?f=98&t=48769&p=243113&hilit=.lua#p243113

Where I'm having the issue is I"m not able to connect the alembic camera to a node in the Pano script. It's possible adding the script incorrectly but have followed the instructions. The only thing I did notice when adding the script is unless you already have a camera connected to the render target the script won't work, it spits out an error. If anyone could shed some light on what I could be doing wrong or how to connect it up that would be great. Here is a screen shot of what I have got: https://i.imgur.com/GnSIzJ7.png So you can see there is the ABC file, but where on the Pano node should this connect up to?

Although yes I am a Programmer I don't know LUA scripting and I am still pretty new to Octane.

Thanks
Regards
Shez
sheralondunn

Re: Connecting exported FBX sequencer to standalone

Postby ChrisHekman » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:08 pm

ChrisHekman Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:08 pm
You dont connect geometry nodes (abc, mesh etc) to the camera node (pano node). You need to connect it to the rendertarget.

- Select the "Geometry Group" node. And in the node inspector, press the "add input" button.
- Connect the ABC node to the new pin on the Geometry group node.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby sheralondunn » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:33 pm

sheralondunn Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:33 pm
Thanks Chris!
sheralondunn

Postby ChrisHekman » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:02 pm

ChrisHekman Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:02 pm
On note on this. The panoramic camera node is available in octane for unreal. You can just select any rendertarget in unreal and change the camera type from thin lense to panoramic.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Unreal® Engine