object with displacement maps disappearing in live viewer

Forums: object with displacement maps disappearing in live viewer
Unreal® Engine Integrated Plugin

Moderator: ChrisHekman

object with displacement maps disappearing in live viewer

Postby crackfox » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:09 pm

crackfox Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:09 pm
hi,

i realize my posts should be more detailed in order to be helpful, but its really difficult to pinpoint some of the problems i am having.

one thing that is driving me crazy is the disappearing of objects in live view for example. i am using assets from my an external HD.
this did not happen with previous versions but lately when i move the camera, the objects disappear for the first few sampling passes, then slowly fade in through the sampling process.
i previously thought this is an orbx problem but it happens with every asset with displacement maps.

when i try to export the sequence, the first frame does not even show any of the displaced objects, but the second does.
i am attaching the screenshot of the frame 1 and frame 2.
also as you can see the focus shifts aswell, which is a problem i am having all of the time.
sometimes the focus settings get ignored or change on their own. i am trying to understand the problem and will post separately.

the live viewer issue is incredibly annoying and quite a show stopper. attached is the progression of the sampling process so you can see the issue in 4 screengrabs.
this happens when i pick an object and move it even slightly. all of the elements blitz out.

its unworkable honestly.
Attachments
bug_liveviewer.jpg
bug.png
crackfox
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: object with displacement maps disappearing in live viewer

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:56 am

bepeg4d Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:56 am
Hi,
there is a known issue with Displacement in the latest 2020.1.3 SDK, and will be fixed in the next update 2020.1.4.

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: object with displacement maps disappearing in live viewer

Postby crackfox » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:05 pm

crackfox Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:05 pm
thank you beppe,

this is good to know. i hope the fix wont take too long, makes it hard to work on stuff.

best,
crackfox
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Unreal® Engine