Octane not rendering

Forums: Octane not rendering
Unreal® Engine Integrated Plugin

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Re: Octane not rendering

Postby ChrisHekman » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:34 pm

ChrisHekman Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:34 pm
Hi Shez

Unless there are any parts that need to be removed from the registry I haven’t checked and haven’t removed but I got it installed none the less.

This should be fine. The plugin installer doesnt touch the registry

I then created a blinn style material that’s just a light grey, popped it on everything and it renders fine. I then through the details panel removed the blinn off the flooring to reveal the proper material which is a wooden floor mostly, some areas are carpet, tiles, and concrete. This, renders fine. So I then went through and revealed all materials for all objects and this is where it just hangs on the screen you saw earlier which is also the same screen shot the other gentleman has put up who initially reported the issue I found in the forum. I haven’t had a chance, yet, to reveal the materials one by one to see when it decides to not render and just hang on the grey screen but once I reveal all materials it just, yeah hangs.

I remember reading this before. If you could send me the scene?. Then i can check it out.
Also, could you give me the octane logs? You can open the standalone OctaneGUI by pressing the octane logo in the octane viewport. Then go to windows and press "Create log window".

Now some other issues I have found earlier once I installed the full version was I can no longer pick a camera to render from nor a light source. It won’t let me pick the source, nor pick it from the list.

This sounds like an issue with having multiple levels open at the same time. Unreal does not allow components to retain UPROPERTY references to components in other levels (as they are saved seperately).
This means that when you want to use "Selected Light" or "Selected camera", the RenderTargetActor needs to be in the same level as directional light or camera.

I also have issues with resolution. I go to change it and it just reverts to 1916 x 1013 which is annoying when I need to test the renders at 8K, even when I try and render at 1080p resolution it just switches back to 1916 x 1013.

You need to turn off the auto-resize in the Octane Viewport. Its the second button on the top.

The last thing I’ve also noticed so far, and this was happening with the Prime version too, when I close down my project I get a UE4 Crash scene. I will also include the Log file for this as there may be some clues in there for your perusal.

This is an annoying issue I need to fix, but havnt found the time as there are usually more important tasks.

Link to project: Please if you haven't grabbed it by now let me know.

Cant find the link? You can PM me, or send me the link via [email protected].
I also see that you are using a forum account that isnt linked to your Enterprise License. If you get a forum account with your enterprise license you can view more of the forum, including useful Octane subforums.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby EvolverInteractive » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:22 pm

EvolverInteractive Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:22 pm
Shez

Email me and we can setup a 1 on 1 to see your issue. [email protected]
EvolverInteractive
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby dreamof3d55 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:04 am

dreamof3d55 Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:04 am
Octane plugin not working on Maya 2023.2
Maya Message Log starting Sunday, November 27, 2022
Maya 2023.2

Error: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/OctaneRender VR for Maya/2023/plug-ins/OctanePlugin.mll
The specified module could not be found.

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316: The specified module could not be found.
(OctanePlugin)

Line 318 in the mel path reads: catch(`loadPlugin $path`);

I uninstalled Bitfrost 2.5, no help
Also uninstalled Bitfrost 2.4 and re-installed it still not loading octane.
dreamof3d55
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ChrisHekman » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:52 am

ChrisHekman Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:52 am
dreamof3d55 wrote:Octane plugin not working on Maya 2023.2
Maya Message Log starting Sunday, November 27, 2022
Maya 2023.2

Error: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/OctaneRender VR for Maya/2023/plug-ins/OctanePlugin.mll
The specified module could not be found.

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316: The specified module could not be found.
(OctanePlugin)

Line 318 in the mel path reads: catch(`loadPlugin $path`);

I uninstalled Bitfrost 2.5, no help
Also uninstalled Bitfrost 2.4 and re-installed it still not loading octane.

You are in the wrong forum.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby dreamof3d55 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:12 am

dreamof3d55 Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:12 am
I managed to get the latest Octane running in 2023.2 But now same issue in Maya 2023.3 :(
Also removed Bitfrost 2.5 no dice :(
dreamof3d55
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Unreal® Engine