Spot lights not working?

Forums: Spot lights not working?
Unreal® Engine Integrated Plugin

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Spot lights not working?

Postby Seekerfinder » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:23 pm

Seekerfinder Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:23 pm
Hi Chris,

I'm excited to finally get a chance to mess about with your plugin. Great job, thank you!

One issue we're picking up with one of Unreal's sample scenes is a spot light that shows as emissive material but does not light up objects. See attached. Tried on both PT and DL. Any idea?

Cheers,
Seeker
UE4_SPOT LIGHT.jpg
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Spot lights not working?

Postby EvolverInteractive » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:55 pm

EvolverInteractive Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:55 pm
Probably because that is a flash light and the toggle switch is a blue print and you are not simulating the game. So just use a spot light that you add and not a flashlight.
EvolverInteractive
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Spot lights not working?

Postby ChrisHekman » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:33 pm

ChrisHekman Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:33 pm
Seekerfinder wrote:Hi Chris,

I'm excited to finally get a chance to mess about with your plugin. Great job, thank you!

One issue we're picking up with one of Unreal's sample scenes is a spot light that shows as emissive material but does not light up objects. See attached. Tried on both PT and DL. Any idea?

Cheers,
Seeker
UE4_SPOT LIGHT.jpg

Is that a physical flashlight model with a spotlight inside of it? If that is the case, you need to move the origin of the spotlight outside of the model. As the lightsource is being blocked by the flashlight mesh in Octane.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Unreal® Engine