Crash with animated orbx file import

Forums: Crash with animated orbx file import
Unreal® Engine Integrated Plugin

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Crash with animated orbx file import

Postby jayroth » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:34 am

jayroth Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:34 am
I am trying to import an animated orbx file that I created in Cinema 4D into the Unreal Engine Octane build. I used Octane 2019.1.5 to export the animated orbx file. It opens fine in Standalone, though it does have some geo scaling issues, but I can't even get that far in Unreal. The file just fails on import and kills UE4 in the process.

The file is a production asset, so I cannot post it here. However, I can send to you directly if you want to take a look.
CaseLabs Mercury S8 / ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS / Crucial 64GB 2133 DDR4 / 2 XEON E5-2687W v3 3.1 GHz / EVGA 1600 P2 / 2 EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Cinema 4D

Is it fast? Oh, yeah!
jayroth
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Crash with animated orbx file import

Postby ChrisHekman » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:52 am

ChrisHekman Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:52 am
You can PM me the file.

Question, are you importing it as a proxy? or are you trying to convert it to unreal?
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Crash with animated orbx file import

Postby jayroth » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:48 pm

jayroth Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:48 pm
I was doing a straight import. Was hoping to get it to successfully load into Unreal, and then see what happened next. I also decided to try as a proxy. Same result, sadly.
CaseLabs Mercury S8 / ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS / Crucial 64GB 2133 DDR4 / 2 XEON E5-2687W v3 3.1 GHz / EVGA 1600 P2 / 2 EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Cinema 4D

Is it fast? Oh, yeah!
jayroth
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

skeleton mesh with morph targets are disappearing from the rend

Postby gillmediastudio » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:27 pm

gillmediastudio Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:27 pm
Greetings Chris!
This is Gill Media Studio. We are working of a hyper realistic CGI feature film inside unreal engine and we have purchased the enterprise edition of the standalone renderer and we are currently facing some issues.
Kindly look into the following!
We tested out the latest v0.33 release (Which actually is 0.32 for some reason) for UE. The camera and sequencer seems to be working fine, But the skeleton mesh with morph targets are disappearing from the render which wasn't the issue with some of the previous version (except the camera issue) like in v0.28. Is there a way to fix this?This is the biggest hurdle we are facing with the Renderer as our whole movie has facial performance capture driven by morph targets only.Kindly, Look into it on an urgent basis!
We'd like to collaborate on this project with you if possible and planning to buy upto 20 more license for production purposes!
This is the link to the teaser of our upcoming feature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUhZHpGlYLo

We believe could be sky rocketed using your renderer only if the above mentioned problem is solved
Thank You!Looking forward to hearing from you.
gillmediastudio

skeleton mesh with morph targets are disappearing from the rend

Postby gillmediastudio » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:27 pm

gillmediastudio Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:27 pm
Greetings Chris!
This is Gill Media Studio. We are working of a hyper realistic CGI feature film inside unreal engine and we have purchased the enterprise edition of the standalone renderer and we are currently facing some issues.
Kindly look into the following!
We tested out the latest v0.33 release (Which actually is 0.32 for some reason) for UE. The camera and sequencer seems to be working fine, But the skeleton mesh with morph targets are disappearing from the render which wasn't the issue with some of the previous version (except the camera issue) like in v0.28. Is there a way to fix this?This is the biggest hurdle we are facing with the Renderer as our whole movie has facial performance capture driven by morph targets only.Kindly, Look into it on an urgent basis!
We'd like to collaborate on this project with you if possible and planning to buy upto 20 more license for production purposes!
This is the link to the teaser of our upcoming feature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUhZHpGlYLo

We believe could be sky rocketed using your renderer only if the above mentioned problem is solved
Thank You!Looking forward to hearing from you.
gillmediastudio

Return to Unreal® Engine