Unable to launch Octane X in Unreal Engine 4.26.1

Forums: Unable to launch Octane X in Unreal Engine 4.26.1
Unreal® Engine Integrated Plugin

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Unable to launch Octane X in Unreal Engine 4.26.1

Postby Rotohed » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:58 pm

Rotohed Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:58 pm
I get this message from Unreal after following instructions and placing the downloaded folder into the corresponding UE4 plugin folder:

Plugin 'OctanePlugin' failed to load because module 'OctanePlugin' could not be loaded. There may be an operating system error or the module may not be properly setup.

This is for Octane X. I'm not sure what to do.

Could it be the "unzip"? when I download the plugin it comes in a folder not a zip file. The instructions state to unzip into the corresponding location...
Rotohed

Re: Unable to launch Octane X in Unreal Engine 4.26.1

Postby ChrisHekman » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:23 pm

ChrisHekman Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:23 pm
Plugin 'OctanePlugin' failed to load because module 'OctanePlugin' could not be loaded. There may be an operating system error or the module may not be properly setup.

Is there an error message? Or a log you could share with me?

Could it be the "unzip"? when I download the plugin it comes in a folder not a zip file. The instructions state to unzip into the corresponding location...

That is strange. Are you downloading from these links?: viewtopic.php?f=132&t=76571
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Rotohed » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:59 pm

Rotohed Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:59 pm
That IS the error message. I will quote it again:

the file indeed comes from this link: viewtopic.php?f=132&t=76571
although your answer makes me think that safari isn't handling the download well... maybe... maybe that it automatically opens/unzips corrupts the file somehow. I will try now with that option disabled, if that doesn't work then I will try with an other browser and keep you posted :)
Rotohed

Postby Rotohed » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:43 pm

Rotohed Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:43 pm
Ok so: by disabling a Safari preference I have managed to download a zip file. I also did the same using Chrome. File size of 956,4 MB.
In both cases unzipping with both Keka and Archive Utility into /Applications/UE_4.26/Engine/Plugins gives the same error message:

Plugin 'OctanePlugin' failed to load because module 'OctanePlugin' could not be loaded. There may be an operating system error or the module may not be properly set up.

That's all I have at the moment...
Rotohed

Postby Rotohed » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:00 pm

Rotohed Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:00 pm
Is there any news on the progress on this issue? Maybe somebody has another idea of what to do? It would be really amazing to use this with Unreal :)
Rotohed

Postby ChrisHekman » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:18 am

ChrisHekman Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:18 am
Rotohed wrote:Is there any news on the progress on this issue? Maybe somebody has another idea of what to do? It would be really amazing to use this with Unreal :)

Im currently exploring the possibility of a signing issue.

In the meantime what you can try is go to the folder that contains the dylibs (engine/plugins/octane/binaries/mac/)
And rightclick on each dylib in that folder and select "Open" in the dropdown menu. You should get a popup stating the dylib is not verified. (Do this action for: liboctane.dylib, UE4Editor-OctanePlugin, UE4Editor-OctanePluginEditor.dylib)

Additionally, could try and run OctaneX from the apple store?

*Note: The material conversion does not work atm, because it is OSL based. It will work soon for apple GPU's, and possibly for AMD/Intel gpus later on.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Rotohed » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:51 pm

Rotohed Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:51 pm
Hi Chris, thanks for the quick reply! also happy to hear that you are working on this. If there is anything I can do to help I would love to. I must add that I am not a programmer though :)

In the meantime what you can try is go to the folder that contains the dylibs (engine/plugins/octane/binaries/mac/)
And rightclick on each dylib in that folder and select "Open" in the dropdown menu. You should get a popup stating the dylib is not verified. (Do this action for: liboctane.dylib, UE4Editor-OctanePlugin, UE4Editor-OctanePluginEditor.dylib)

Did that but no difference in the end. Of course I first re-downloaded everything and re-added it to the Unreal folder etc. etc.

OctaneX standalone works like a charm and also the plugin for Maya so I have no doubt it will work in Unreal once these issues are solved. I would so love to have realtime GPU rendering in Unreal on the Mac... that's what I hope for :)

Many thanks! Please , if you can, keep me updated!!
Rotohed

Postby izakoxx » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:31 am

izakoxx Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:31 am
Hi! Is there anybody have this plugin working? Have same issue on fresh installed UE 4.26.2 (Octane works nice in C4D, Maya and standalone) and BigSur 11.4 Is there any solution?
izakoxx

Postby 3dworks » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:52 pm

3dworks Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:52 pm
same here in monterey, error message keeps saying "Plugin 'OctanePlugin' failed to load because module 'OctanePlugin' could not be loaded. There may be an operating system error or the module may not be properly set up." - i didn't find any solution browsing interent. anyone with a clue how to solve this issue?
Specs: Apple MacBook Pro M1 max 64GB 2TB, MacOS 12.5 / MacPro 5,1 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8G, MacOS 10.13.6 / Mac Pro 5,1 with AMD RX5700 8G, MacOS 12.3.1 / HP Z600 with NVIDIA 3060 RTX 12G, Windows 10 pro + Netstor GPU box, 4 x NVIDIA GTX 980ti 6G.
3dworks
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Unreal® Engine