Using Octane Prime on Mac

Forums: Using Octane Prime on Mac
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the Octane for Unity Alpha

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Using Octane Prime on Mac

Postby msmsms » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:51 am

msmsms Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:51 am
Hey there,

I'm trying to install Octane's free Prime tier for Blender. However, I'm currently using a mac - the thing is, I've installed it successfully before, but now that the Big Sur update doesn't support CUDA drivers (to my knowledge) - is Octane impossible to use on a Mac?

EDIT - I finally learned about the new Octane X tier for Big Sur -- my QUESTION is will the Prime Metal download of Octane X for Blender stay free (for now) or will the software only work for a few days?

I apologize if this is commonly asked (which I'm sure it is), but I searched everywhere (including the forum) and I still haven't found a definitive answer. Thank you!
msmsms

Re: Using Octane Prime on Mac

Postby ChrisHekman » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:29 pm

ChrisHekman Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:29 pm
You should ask this on the blender plugin forum.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Goldorak » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:08 pm

Goldorak Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:08 pm
msmsms wrote:Hey there,

I'm trying to install Octane's free Prime tier for Blender. However, I'm currently using a mac - the thing is, I've installed it successfully before, but now that the Big Sur update doesn't support CUDA drivers (to my knowledge) - is Octane impossible to use on a Mac?

EDIT - I finally learned about the new Octane X tier for Big Sur -- my QUESTION is will the Prime Metal download of Octane X for Blender stay free (for now) or will the software only work for a few days?

I apologize if this is commonly asked (which I'm sure it is), but I searched everywhere (including the forum) and I still haven't found a definitive answer. Thank you!

It will work indefinitely as with CUDA prime version.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby msmsms » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:35 pm

msmsms Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:35 pm
Oops, my bad Chris - posted on the wrong channel - thanks for the answer though Goldorak!
msmsms

Return to Octane for Unity