Bake Target information and Source nodes do not persist

Forums: Bake Target information and Source nodes do not persist
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the Octane for Unity Alpha

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Bake Target information and Source nodes do not persist

Postby Facebook-AY » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:53 pm

Facebook-AY Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:53 pm
Not sure if this was by design, but every bake target in Unity is blank, and subsequent nodes in the OctaneRender graph I created do not exist after closing and reopening Unity.

For example, if I am creating bake targets for example a chair or couch, they will be completely missing after saving and reopening the scene.

What can I do to ensure this persists?
Facebook-AY
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Bake Target information and Source nodes do not persist

Postby ChrisHekman » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:46 pm

ChrisHekman Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:46 pm
Facebook-AY wrote:Not sure if this was by design, but every bake target in Unity is blank, and subsequent nodes in the OctaneRender graph I created do not exist after closing and reopening Unity.

For example, if I am creating bake targets for example a chair or couch, they will be completely missing after saving and reopening the scene.

What can I do to ensure this persists?

The octane scene is auto-generated from the saved unity scene. Any manual changes will be discarded.
Exceptions to this are some rendertarget settings, octane override materials, light overrides and objectlayer components. You could also change settings in the orbx proxy files.

Could you explain what you mean bake targets?
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Octane for Unity