OctaneRender™ 2020.1 XB1 [superseded by 2020.1 XB2]

Forums: OctaneRender™ 2020.1 XB1 [superseded by 2020.1 XB2]
A forum where development builds are posted for testing by the community.
Forum rules
NOTE: The software in this forum is not %100 reliable, they are development builds and are meant for testing by experienced octane users. If you are a new octane user, we recommend to use the current stable release from the 'Commercial Product News & Releases' forum.

Re: OctaneRender™ 2020.1 XB1

Postby Goldorak » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:19 am

Goldorak Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:19 am
Regarding animation, Octane+C4D was used for the captain marvel titles this year and the ant man titles last year, not to mention dozens of TV show titles like His Dark Materials and Catherine the Great. You should check them out when we add them to the gallery shortly. They are beautiful and show what Octane C4D can do in production on tight deadlines...
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Shamefestival » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:33 am

Shamefestival Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:33 am
Goldorak wrote:Regarding animation, Octane+C4D was used for the captain marvel titles this year and the ant man titles last year, not to mention dozens of TV show titles like His Dark Materiwls and Catherine the Great. You should check them out when we add them to the gallery shortly. They are beautiful and show what Octane C4D can do in production on tight deadlines...

I'm positive that's true in many cases, but i'm pushing it with everything. HQ HDRsI, LIQUID< SIMS, HEAVY TFD SIMS, MESHES, DESTRUCTION, HQ TEXTURES all wrapped up for one shot. When it's all in one place it's not happy. Did I get renders out? Yes. In record time? No in STressful time. I need it to handle everything. I have noticed that animation wise it does not have a large animation push online either. Mostly stills. I hate stills haha. I gotta check out REDSHIFT because I know it wasn't me in those cases. I'm pretty good at Problem Solving, which is why i'm going to try out Redshift. I'm loyal but i need to see both sides.
Shamefestival
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:39 am

Goldorak Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:39 am
Shamefestival wrote:
Goldorak wrote:Regarding animation, Octane+C4D was used for the captain marvel titles this year and the ant man titles last year, not to mention dozens of TV show titles like His Dark Materiwls and Catherine the Great. You should check them out when we add them to the gallery shortly. They are beautiful and show what Octane C4D can do in production on tight deadlines...

I'm positive that's true in many cases, but i'm pushing it with everything. HQ HDRsI, LIQUID< SIMS, HEAVY TFD SIMS, MESHES, DESTRUCTION, HQ TEXTURES all wrapped up for one shot. When it's all in one place it's not happy. Did I get renders out? Yes. In record time? No in STressful time. I need it to handle everything. I have noticed that animation wise it does not have a large animation push online either. Mostly stills. I hate stills haha. I gotta check out REDSHIFT because I know it wasn't me in those cases. I'm pretty good at Problem Solving, which is why i'm going to try out Redshift. I'm loyal but i need to see both sides.

The 2.5 minute opening to two marvel movies qualifies as animation, and they pushed everything at it. The Octane shots in Ant Man last year were the only parts of the entire movie rendered in native 4K stereo - all in camera, no compositing pass, which IMO is even more impressive since the entire shot has to be done in a single render pass.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Shamefestival » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:50 am

Shamefestival Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:50 am
Goldorak wrote:
Shamefestival wrote:

The 2.5 minute opening to two marvel movies qualifies as animation, and they pushed everything at it. The Octane shots in Ant Man last year were the only parts of the entire movie rendered in native 4K stereo - all in camera, no compositing pass, which IMO is even more impressive since the entire shot has to be done in a single render pass.

Well i'm not gone yet, i've got tons of characters and scenes to build and animate until I give her another go. And I will but it really sounds like these problems don't pop up over there. I hope to see more animation examples and hear more consistent workflow examples. Push for animation. Smash Redshift to pieces and I won't leave. I love Octane and the new features but i'd rather not have new features and it just be super consistent.
Shamefestival
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:10 am

bepeg4d Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:10 am
Hi,
if you want to investigate more deeply your stability issues, please write to [email protected].
ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby HTK421 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:45 am

HTK421 Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:45 am
CINEMA 4D plugin availability date ?
Please give us a rough idea when the 2020 Cinema 4D plugin is due to be available.

Weeks?... Months?... 2021?? ... just a rough idea so we can plan workload & projects around the expected date.

-Thanks
HTK421
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:51 am

aoktar Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:51 am
HTK421 wrote:CINEMA 4D plugin availability date ?
Please give us a rough idea when the 2020 Cinema 4D plugin is due to be available.

Weeks?... Months?... 2021?? ... just a rough idea so we can plan workload & projects around the expected date.

-Thanks

Do not forget that it's an experimental sdk. I didn't make builds with 2019.2 sdk because it has crashes with material previews and displacement.
Now with this version it's fixed, I'll make a quick build in a few days, today or tomorrow. Some features need to be added later. Just doing it for letting test RTX. Current SDK is not stable or complete for working on commercials.
Last edited by aoktar on Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby PolderAnimation » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:19 pm

PolderAnimation Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:19 pm
Shamefestival wrote:Moving to REDSHIFT. Guys I love Octane! Finally Sub grid detail for volumes! AMAZING! However, I would stay if this software wouldn't crash every frame or frames with DENOISER on. It's horrible for animation workflow. I have to sit and nurse my computer all day long STOP and GO. This software is great. Just make it work! I'm even fine with the poly count limits and vram limits because I like optimizing, but I am dramatically losing confidence in OCTANES performance for Animation. I'm on the way out and I wish I wasn't.

I had this problem as well. Every 2 frames my scene crashed or I missed half of my geometry. Then I put more ram in my pc (32>64 gb), bought new risers (the other ones where 3 years old) now I can render most scene's without a problem. Some scenes however I can only render with only one card. You can try if that works for you.
Win 10 64bit | RTX 3090 | i9 7960X | 64GB
PolderAnimation
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Shamefestival » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:32 pm

Shamefestival Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:32 pm
PolderAnimation wrote:
Shamefestival wrote:Moving to REDSHIFT. Guys I love Octane! Finally Sub grid detail for volumes! AMAZING! However, I would stay if this software wouldn't crash every frame or frames with DENOISER on. It's horrible for animation workflow. I have to sit and nurse my computer all day long STOP and GO. This software is great. Just make it work! I'm even fine with the poly count limits and vram limits because I like optimizing, but I am dramatically losing confidence in OCTANES performance for Animation. I'm on the way out and I wish I wasn't.

I had this problem as well. Every 2 frames my scene crashed or I missed half of my geometry. Then I put more ram in my pc (32>64 gb), bought new risers (the other ones where 3 years old) now I can render most scene's without a problem. Some scenes however I can only render with only one card. You can try if that works for you.

Always had 64gb no risers. Read the forum about Ram too. Tired of screwing around all the time. No reason for it not to work. It's time to look elsewhere and compare.
Shamefestival
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Notiusweb » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:25 pm

Notiusweb Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:25 pm
Shamefestival wrote:
PolderAnimation wrote:

Always had 64gb no risers. Read the forum about Ram too. Tired of screwing around all the time. No reason for it not to work. It's time to look elsewhere and compare.

Guys -
Does it happen when you export your scenes to standalone via Orbx and run as a batch job, or only within C4D plugin.
According to your reports, it should be simple test to trial since it happens often, and predictably with > 1 card.
You are speaking of something very specific here - Denoiser and crashes. Are the crashes stalls within just the app, or the whole PC, as in a Win 10 BSOD Watchdog violation.
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Development Build Releases