I finally managed to get the Octane Plugin for Unity activated using Unity version 2017.3.0f3 (it now activates in higher versions as well, at least those versions which can successfully install the plugin). Now I'm trying to do the following:
1) I create a scene in Daz (may or may not be lights or cameras, don't know if this affects anything)
2) I use the Octane Daz Plugin to export the entire scene
3) I load up the scene in Octane Standalone, no problem it all looks good.
4) Now I try to import it into a new Unity scene after I've previously imported the installer scene which renders in the viewport correctly.
5) Load Octane, Add PBR Render Target, import ORBX. This loads the scene but without any textures, everything is white.
6) Open the viewport and render. This turns what I've imported black and renders the viewport without any sign of the ORBX I've just imported.
I did notice that when I imported the installer scene I'm able to just drag and drop the .orbx file into the scene but it only shows as a grey block and not the actual model which I exported from Daz, but this renders correctly in the viewport.
So my question is: I would like to export a scene from Daz into Unity via ORBX and then see the Daz objects in VR with the textures I'm seeing in Octane. Is this possible?