Ability to export ORBX at runtime from script

Forums: Ability to export ORBX at runtime from script
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the Octane for Unity Alpha

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Ability to export ORBX at runtime from script

Postby oktomus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:58 pm

oktomus Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:58 pm
Hello !

I would like to export a ORBX file at runtime and from script. I suppose it's not possible right now because there isn't any public API but is it on your roadmap ? Or Octane on Unity is only for artists ?

Thanks :)
oktomus
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:33 pm

Re: Ability to export ORBX at runtime from script

Postby ChrisHekman » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:30 am

ChrisHekman Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:30 am
I just checked and this is not currently possible to export to orbx via script.
Ill check if I can enable it.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Ability to export ORBX at runtime from script

Postby ChrisHekman » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:32 pm

ChrisHekman Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:32 pm
Actually, there is a way to do this atm.
Octane.Scene.Save() will save the scene to Orbx for you.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Ability to export ORBX at runtime from script

Postby oktomus » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:40 am

oktomus Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:40 am
ChrisHekman wrote:Actually, there is a way to do this atm.
Octane.Scene.Save() will save the scene to Orbx for you.


Thanks! But i'm not sure it will work in runtime in a build.
oktomus
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:33 pm

Re: Ability to export ORBX at runtime from script

Postby ChrisHekman » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:40 am

ChrisHekman Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:40 am
OctaneUnity in a Standalone Build is not currently supported no.
This would only work in editor, and in editor play mode.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Ability to export ORBX at runtime from script

Postby oktomus » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:00 am

oktomus Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:00 am
ChrisHekman wrote:OctaneUnity in a Standalone Build is not currently supported no.
This would only work in editor, and in editor play mode.

Ok thanks. ORBX is just a file so it could be technically possible to export it at runtime no ? If so, is it planned or in the back of your roadmap ?
oktomus
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:33 pm

Re: Ability to export ORBX at runtime from script

Postby ChrisHekman » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:24 am

ChrisHekman Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:24 am
oktomus wrote:
ChrisHekman wrote:OctaneUnity in a Standalone Build is not currently supported no.
This would only work in editor, and in editor play mode.

Ok thanks. ORBX is just a file so it could be technically possible to export it at runtime no ? If so, is it planned or in the back of your roadmap ?


The Octane for Unity itself does not work without the editor in standalone for multiple technical reasons. Which means exporting dosnt work without the editor in standalone.
We are looking into a solution, but it is a hard technical problem to solve, so it will take a while.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Ability to export ORBX at runtime from script

Postby oktomus » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:06 pm

oktomus Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:06 pm
ChrisHekman wrote:The Octane for Unity itself does not work without the editor in standalone for multiple technical reasons. Which means exporting dosnt work without the editor in standalone.
We are looking into a solution, but it is a hard technical problem to solve, so it will take a while.


Ok thanks a lot !
oktomus
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:33 pm

Return to Octane for Unity


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:03 pm [ UTC ]